Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Removing Introduction Video In Any Steam Game

Arse

I'm one of those who are sick and tired of pressing "esc" all the time to get to the main menu of any steam game. And sometimes the introduction of steam just lags the barnicles out of me. So I found a resolution.

1) Open your list of games through the STEAM CLIENT by clicking on the "Games" tab at the top of your client. Then click on "View Games Library". That should show you the list of games you have.

2) From the list on the left side of your screen, RIGHT-CLICK on which game you want to edit, and click on PROPERTIES.

3) From the Properties, click on "Set Launch Options..."

4) From the "Set Launch Options...", type in "-novid" WITHOUT THE QUOTATION MARKS

Click on OK. Close the game; This works for any game, and a perfect example was CSGO/Counter Strike Global Offensive. Restart the game as usua and notice the difference.

CHEERS!

If anything, I also took out a bit of a more detailed command from my Dota 2 and applied it to CSGO that worked.

"-console -novid -offline -international -nod3d9ex -noforcemaccel -heapsize 1048576 -high"

Don't use heapsize

Removed -heapsize command line argument. Some detail: This command made sense in Half-Life 1’s memory manager. The current engine manages memory in a way that doesn’t need it specified. Under some circumstances, specifying a non-optimal heapsize causes crashes and/or reduced performance