Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Sound Card ? Please Help

creepa

Im looking into getting a headset, i just purchased a new computer, and i was wondering if my on board sound is good enough. I have a asus m5a97. Do people use sound cards now a days or is my onboard sound good on the motherboard i have. I am curious because im not sure if im getting a usb headset or not. Do people use usb with siberia v2 or is the non usb siberia v2 just as good ?

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97/

This is the exact motherboard i have

Honestly, You should just forget the headset, Headsets are very unreliable. Alternatively I would suggest getting a separate set of Headphones, and then a External Microphone.

But if you have to get a headset, then I would go for the Siberia's, but I'm not completely sure that they would work with the M5A97 motherboard

Guest The_Monkey

Honestly, You should just forget the headset, Headsets are very unreliable. Alternatively I would suggest getting a separate set of Headphones, and then a External Microphone.

But if you have to get a headset, then I would go for the Siberia's, but I'm not completely sure that they would work with the M5A97 motherboard

This is said a lot, and most of the time it is pertinent.

However, if you select a headset that has its own audio processing (e.g. USB headsets), then this is often a falsehood. When audio processing is moved to the headset, you can get simulated surround sound, and other nifty things you can't get with a standard set of head phones.

Another nicety you get when moving to an external audio processor is that you get less interference that could (and stress that it is just a possibility) pop up.

So, if you want to talk headsets with me in TS3, we can go over a few, and talk about the billion different headsets I tried before picking my current.

I won't go into them here, because I'm not going to put my opinions on headsets up for debate because you think yours is better. I could give a shit.

• Like 1

This is said a lot, and most of the time it is pertinent.

However, if you select a headset that has its own audio processing (e.g. USB headsets), then this is often a falsehood. When audio processing is moved to the headset, you can get simulated surround sound, and other nifty things you can't get with a standard set of head phones.

Another nicety you get when moving to an external audio processor is that you get less interference that could (and stress that it is just a possibility) pop up.

So, if you want to talk headsets with me in TS3, we can go over a few, and talk about the billion different headsets I tried before picking my current.

I won't go into them here, because I'm not going to put my opinions on headsets up for debate because you think yours is better. I could give a shit.

when will you be on ?