Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Tinker Jungle

Eheroduelist

I've been practicing a Tinker jungling strategy to see if I can make this a viable pocket strat in a captains mode game and I wanted opinions.

Maxing March by level 7 and getting Soul Ring + Rearm at 6 makes jungling easy, but Tinker can somewhat jungle on either team from level 1 with just level 1 March. I've been practicing it in pubs, but here's one result:

http://dotabuff.com/matches/740618006

(This is being disturbed in jungle twice by Axe)

Tinker would be more efficient doing mid and ancients. Jungle Tinker doesn't work anygame if you lose early you will have nothing

Well I died once and had to go to fountain twice, so I managed to do fairly well within the boundaries set in the jungle camps.

My starting item build was Sage's Mask + double clarity

I've only found that Tinker lacks any real fighting capability outside of using March until level 9, which gives you level 3 laser or rocket (depending on which one you want to max next).

Well I died once and had to go to fountain twice, so I managed to do fairly well within the boundaries set in the jungle camps.

My starting item build was Sage's Mask + double clarity

I've only found that Tinker lacks any real fighting capability outside of using March until level 9, which gives you level 3 laser or rocket (depending on which one you want to max next).

max rocket and 2 points on laser is the most used build

I haven't found a reliable way to jungle with tinker. There's definitely ways that you can exploit march with where the you're positioned/where you summon your machines. It also helps going over and stacking the ancients a lot before you start marching.

max rocket and 2 points on laser is the most used build

Most used and what's possible to be done are two different things :P

I'm just saying that I think it could be possible to farm a normal-timed (if not faster) Bottle-Soul Ring-Boots of Travel in the jungle from level 1 than laning normally and playing purely to gank.

Whether that's a "waste" of ganking potential is irrelevant to whether it's possible to do what a jungler that transitions into a pusher is supposed to do, and even then with normal solo-exp being gotten from the jungle and solo mid being given to another hero with another solo offlaner, it is possible to get more benefits than ganking from this tactic.

And in my experience in my recent attempts at Tinker jungle you really can gank the safe lane from the jungle with just Rockets if you max that after March.

I haven't found a reliable way to jungle with tinker. There's definitely ways that you can exploit march with where the you're positioned/where you summon your machines. It also helps going over and stacking the ancients a lot before you start marching.

Maybe I'm just doing it wrong but I can't farm Ancients reliably fast without Rearm. I feel like it's better to farm medium/easy camps with level 1 march then transition soon after to medium-hard camps, and after you at least get bottle-rearm you can try to farm ancients. Before then is suicide (in my experience).

(I literally died to ancients in one game, enemy team paused and laughed at me...)

Here's the thing about jungling. There are a lot of picks that can do it! But there's a reason why you dont seepicks like tinker in there, mostly because they are much more effective in different lanes or roles. You want sustainability and clearing time as your priority for jungling as you do not want to leave the jungle for health or mana and you also want to clear camps as fast as possible. Tinker falls short in every aspect to other junglers with this when his skill set could be better used in mid nuking the hell out of whoever is there. Think of a tinker mid with nature's prophet jungler. Now you have the situation of Tinker nuking mid to half hp with one rotation after level 4, then NP can port in and trap him as tinker's cooldowns come up and you have first blood.

This is not something that could occur if you put NP in mid and tinker in the jungle.

Here's the thing about jungling. There are a lot of picks that can do it! But there's a reason why you dont seepicks like tinker in there, mostly because they are much more effective in different lanes or roles. You want sustainability and clearing time as your priority for jungling as you do not want to leave the jungle for health or mana and you also want to clear camps as fast as possible. Tinker falls short in every aspect to other junglers with this when his skill set could be better used in mid nuking the hell out of whoever is there. Think of a tinker mid with nature's prophet jungler. Now you have the situation of Tinker nuking mid to half hp with one rotation after level 4, then NP can port in and trap him as tinker's cooldowns come up and you have first blood.

This is not something that could occur if you put NP in mid and tinker in the jungle.

Well you get the same utility of a farmed Tinker while giving midlane exp to another strong mid-laner (like Invoker, -insert hero name here-, etc.)

Prophet generally solo offlanes anyway.