Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Internet Help

MisterInvalid

So I just got a new PC and it can't connect to my wireless network. It sees the network, I can enter the network key, but upon trying to connect it says "windows was unable to connect to (network name)". Other devices and computers can connect without issue. Troubleshoot problems doesn't do anything, and from what I can see all my drivers are updated. I've also tried disabling the anti-virus, still nothing. The connection also only has one bar when it used to be I got full. I'm using a intel dual band wireless ac 7260. Can anyone think of anything to help?

EDIT: I got the Connection working, but now it's on one bar where I used to get four or five. Any suggestions?

Edited by MisterInvalid

If it is one bar (not knowing the model or specs of the router) I can assume that the signal is enough to be seen but, not used. Or it is just unstable at the maximum distance. I had this issue with my phone in my living room after moving to my new place. Showed a consistent one bar, but wouldn't let me sign in.

Is the adapter for a pc or laptop? Intel specs just say pci exp halfmini so it can probably fit in a desktop too.

If it is for a laptop just pick it up and move it closer to the router. If it connects then you know the issue is distance/to many walls in which case you can buy a repeater or set up a ap closer to your room. If it doesn't come back here and we can discuss router problems.

----------

Just read your edit.

What router do you use?/what is your set up. Modem-router-etc.

If it is basic modem to router then buy a repeater or ap. I use two asus routers. One in router mode and the other as a repeater. Doing this cuts my wireless speed from 50mbs to 25 (only on wireless my main pc's or wired), but it is not noticeable for most people in my house.

Edited by BranHorse

Hmmm, from the research I've done that product had a big problem with disconnections and there has been driver updates and software updates but I haven't found anybody else with this problem to relate. One thing is maybe the wireless key is to long or try a different encyption, I've had that issue but on the older routers. Is this a laptop card or desktop card with an antenna. Here or some links.

This is a quick check list.

http://www3.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/db-a7260

and you can find the latest wireless drivers here.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034658.htm

• Like 1