Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

reviewed Banning Without Demos (Jades)

hellsingy

1. Abuser name: -hg- jades

2. Their Steam Id: STEAM_0:0:36210030

3. What server: Crackhouse DM

4. About what time: around 4:00 this afternoon

5. PROOF:http://hellsgamers.c...jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

http://hellsgamers.c...hp?i=145228-psx

6. Please tell us about the incident: Jades has banned two people (that I know of) over the past few days and has not included demos for either one. The first one, he banned flog, a non hacker and neglected to include a demo for it and Deathshot said he would speak to him about it. The second one he banned was a wallhacker. Now normally, this is a good thing, but due to the lack of a demo, he has gotten a 1 hour ban and can now come back. I was present in the server at the time and just as I was starting my demo, he banned him, just because someone said he was hacking, did not see him go into spec to check and get a dmeo, nor did he leave to post one. If he does not know what to do when banning someone, I would be more than happy to help him with his bans or help him learn admin but he does need talked to about this, as a hacker can now come back due to his not getting and posting a demo and its not the first but second time( again that I know of) that this has occurred.

Screenshots of a player saying that psx was hacking and jades banning him without getting a demo or checking are included.

post-25865-0-93224800-1409956270_thumb.jpg

post-25865-0-98223900-1409956272_thumb.jpg

post-25865-0-74286900-1409956277_thumb.jpg

post-25865-0-52525200-1409956281_thumb.jpg

Edited by DeathShot
template

Just saw this post. I wasn't aware that a demo needs to be recorded and submitted (the usual ban request protocol posted by players) since I had admin privileges. But I will start recording demos and follow the protocol. My apologies.

I banned the first one, speced him, and noticed multiple no-scope-long-distance awp kills. He usually plays around the 2-3am PST time and I have speced him before. But like I said, I thought I didn't have to go through the ban-request-protocol first, recording demos, etc.

I have started multiple ban threads in the past, recorded demos, steam ID, server information, etc. So I am aware of what to submit during a ban. But I was a player then.

There are two pointers there which are relevant in my case:

1. Do not take other players word on a situation, if you haven't witnessed it means it never happened.

2. Take proof and make a report.

Thanks for the info

Poked Hellsingy and Deathshot in Teamspeak. Awaiting their response.

Edited by DeathShot
Edit
  • Like 1

Just saw this post. I wasn't aware that a demo needs to be recorded and submitted (the usual ban request protocol posted by players) since I had admin privileges. But I will start recording demos and follow the protocol. My apologies.

I banned the first one, speced him, and noticed multiple no-scope-long-distance awp kills. He usually plays around the 2-3am PST time and I have speced him before. But like I said, I thought I didn't have to go through the ban-request-protocol first, recording demos, etc.

I have started multiple ban threads in the past, recorded demos, steam ID, server information, etc. So I am aware of what to submit during a ban. But I was a player then.

There are two pointers there which are relevant in my case:

1. Do not take other players word on a situation, if you haven't witnessed it means it never happened.

2. Take proof and make a report.

Thanks for the info

Poked Hellsingy and Deathshot in Teamspeak. Awaiting their response.

Demos and screenshots aren't required.. usually. They are only required in the case of you wanting an extension (which I would REALLY prefer if you're banning a hacker), if someone appeals on that ban, or if it causes other problems (you taking other people's word, for example. If you banned everyone off other people's words, there'd be no survivors in the servers.)

Read through this guide, and understand everything in there.

You being an admin and you being a player has no difference in the protocol for bans. The only difference is you being able to keep the server(s) under control and, needbe, banning someone without having to wait for someone else to do it for you.

No more of banning without proof and such please, it'll only come back to bite everyone involved in the ban in the ass.

Reviewed.