Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need Help Buying Keyboard, Headset And Mouse

dumgum17

Looking to get a few new things for my setup and upgrade from my microsoft mouse and keyboard and my turtle beach headset. Buying it with birthday money (today is my birthday) and looking for not more money than 350$ Canadian money (idk what that is USD) I was looking at the razor deathadder mouse, razor blackwiddow ultimate stealth (2013 or 2014) and razor kraken headset pro which comes in at 320$ canadian. What do you think? Any other suggestions or reviews on these iteams? What would you suggest to me in my price range? Thanks!

-dumgum17

Forgot to mention I dont belive my computer will work with only a usb adapter but i have no idea how to find out so if someone could tell me how to verify that would be great

Edited by dumgum17

Mouse - I have a DeathAdder 2013 and it is just fine. However I have heard the Zowie FK1 is a better mouse. The Zowie is a claw mouse however and the DeathAdder is pretty huge, good for palming. Also take into account that the Zowie has 4 programmable keys and the DeathAdder only 2 and it is not ambidextrous like the Zowie. - $60 Bucks either way. Logitech G402's and G502's also seem to be very dependable.

Headset - Apparently the Krakens have a bad mic and can get really itchy and hot on the ears, plus they aren't even surround sound. Several good options here though for around $80 American

Keyboard - I have heard the Black Widow's mechanical keys get crap all underneath them. I suggest going for a Corsair K70. While $30 more expensive, I hear only good things about them.

Overall, only Razer product I would somewhat recommend is the DeathAdder. The rest are just mainly paying for the symbol. Overall you are only going to be paying around $270-$290 USD for the one of each items I listed, which is basically $310 Canadian.

glhf Razer sucks for the most part

Mouse - I have a DeathAdder 2013 and it is just fine. However I have heard the Zowie FK1 is a better mouse. The Zowie is a claw mouse however and the DeathAdder is pretty huge, good for palming. Also take into account that the Zowie has 4 programmable keys and the DeathAdder only 2 and it is not ambidextrous like the Zowie. - $60 Bucks either way. Logitech G402's and G502's also seem to be very dependable.

Headset - Apparently the Krakens have a bad mic and can get really itchy and hot on the ears, plus they aren't even surround sound. Several good options here though for around $80 American

Keyboard - I have heard the Black Widow's mechanical keys get crap all underneath them. I suggest going for a Corsair K70. While $30 more expensive, I hear only good things about them.

Overall, only Razer product I would somewhat recommend is the DeathAdder. The rest are just mainly paying for the symbol. Overall you are only going to be paying around $270-$290 USD for the one of each items I listed, which is basically $310 Canadian.

glhf Razer sucks for the most part

Ty for your reply babe <3 the only thing is with that plantronics (only one ive looked at so far) is that its only usb adaptable and I have no idea if I need the other things or if im a good to go with only a usb port. If you could tell me how to figure this out that would be great

This is my set up. I recently got rid of my Turtlebeaches and my deathadder because it had problems trscking

Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud ($69, but I bought it for $79) http://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-KHX-H3CLW/dp/B00KX3TLF4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1415295633&sr=8-2&keywords=HyperX+cloud

Mouse: Logitech G502 ($79) http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Proteus-Tunable-Customizable-910-004074/dp/B00IRHE892/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415295718&sr=8-1&keywords=G502

Keyboard: Corsair k70 RGB MX Brown: ($169)http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard-CH-9000065-NA/dp/B00N4OBD32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415295799&sr=8-1&keywords=K70+rgb+brown

Edited by DeRedPanda

The keyboard and mouse you chose should be fine.

The headset though, is a no.

HyperX clouds are wayyyyy more bang for the buck. Also if people could stop recommending surround sound headset that would be great. They are all trash.

I paired the clouds with a $40 asus dgx sound card and it is amazing. I think you can get them for 60 on newegg and amazon right now.

The keyboard and mouse you chose should be fine.

The headset though, is a no.

HyperX clouds are wayyyyy more bang for the buck. Also if people could stop recommending surround sound headset that would be great. They are all trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaMi8dMWNbI

I paired the clouds with a $40 asus dgx sound card and it is amazing. I think you can get them for 60 on newegg and amazon right now.

Would you say the corsair or the black widow ultimate?

I have a Razer Black widow ultimate 2013 edition I do have the cherry switches and I do have a set of astro A40's witch I do love.

i thought razer made their own switches?

I owned the razer ouroboros 150$ piece of crap. switched to the Steelseries Rival 50$ and my K/D increased instantly

I also owned the razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 and got tired on all kinds of things getting stuck behind the keys and it being very hard to clean. Switched to the new RGB K70 with red switches 170$ and its amazing and easy to clean. It also has more swag then any other keyboard out there.

I own the razer kraken 7.1 right now and the earpieces are made of pleather and have started to tear a little bit. The sound quality is crap but i have no mic problems like others stated, it sounds great from what i know. For me the parts of the headphones that cover your ears are pretty small. at least for me but i may have dumbo ears. Thinking about switching to seinhieser headset and use a clip on mic. i hear the quality of studio headphones is a lot better then "gaming headsets" that are cheaply made and expensive just due to being a name brand made for "gaming". personally i think most "gaming" headsets are made to look cool at the expense of quality sound. I also think most of them are hideous and i like a sleeker look that is not so flashy

I bought mostly razer stuff at first because it is what my local best buy sold. I was a razer fanboi but my ways are changing and i love my new stuff a lot better. Do lots of research before spending 300$+ it was an expensive mistake i made :D hope this helps.

• Like 1

i thought razer made their own switches?

I owned the razer ouroboros 150$ piece of crap. switched to the Steelseries Rival 50$ and my K/D increased instantly

I also owned the razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 and got tired on all kinds of things getting stuck behind the keys and it being very hard to clean. Switched to the new RGB K70 with red switches 170$ and its amazing and easy to clean. It also has more swag then any other keyboard out there.

I own the razer kraken 7.1 right now and the earpieces are made of pleather and have started to tear a little bit. The sound quality is crap but i have no mic problems like others stated, it sounds great from what i know. For me the parts of the headphones that cover your ears are pretty small. at least for me but i may have dumbo ears. Thinking about switching to seinhieser headset and use a clip on mic. i hear the quality of studio headphones is a lot better then "gaming headsets" that are cheaply made and expensive just due to being a name brand made for "gaming". personally i think most "gaming" headsets are made to look cool at the expense of quality sound. I also think most of them are hideous and i like a sleeker look that is not so flashy

I bought mostly razer stuff at first because it is what my local best buy sold. I was a razer fanboi but my ways are changing and i love my new stuff a lot better. Do lots of research before spending 300$+ it was an expensive mistake i made :D hope this helps.

My Switches do say cherry on them each one of them and I never had a problem with it.