Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Non-Crits Tf2 For A Bit - Wow What A Difference!

bean-

:tf2: This is about: TF2 Crits v non-crits. esp for Orange servers. Been ages since I've gone on a non-crits TF2 server :wub: Almost forgot how to play on one! It's really a case of slow right down and concentrate on head shots (HS). Playing as a Scout is quite hard work, as it takes multiple shots to get a kill. I've gone back to the basic sniper rife, as this gives a one-shot one-kill HS :devil: Sydney Sniper is OK, but I end up automatically going for body shots, and having then to hit someone 3 or 4 times before a kill. With a basic (or Biz Bargain) sniper rifle, I can now take more time (well, not quite so fast, as normal) to line up for a good HS kill. And the scouts are not longer a worry, as it's non-crits! Before, a scout could take me out with a good shot, using Shortstop at the other end of the map - now, a scout has to get really close or lucky. And then, Spies :ph34r: with their (previously) way too powerful gun and annoying Demomen jumping across the map and getting me, then jumping back to safety :omgimmad: these were once real sniper killers, but now I can pick them off at my leisure! :nuts: Admittedly, it does become a sub sniper v sniper game, which I'm not really that keen on, and why I came to crits servers in the first place. As to non-crits, it's like I've got GOD mode against all other classes, other than another fellow HS fast sniper player - helps that I used to be really good at HSs on TF2 before moving to crits. Hope the server gets back to crits, as this type of mod is so much faster and more challenging than a 'normal' TF2 set-up (note: might already have happened, as I've not played today, as nobody on the Orange servers at the moment). Anyone else prefer crits to non-crits? beanz :noworry: