Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Smoking Food

Anal Fister

I have had my masterbuild vertical smoker since mid summer. Just got a remote temp prob so I can sit my lazy butt in the house and monitor my temps and tell you all about it. So does anyone else use a smoker and would like to give me some more tips, or vice versa? I freakin love this thing. I have been smoking just about everything I can get my hands on. Beef, Chicken, Pork, burgers, dogs, corn, vegi's, CHEESE. I have some chicken breasts going right now. I made pulled pork a few weeks ago. OMG! Never had better. Made my own smoked chicken noodle soup from the chicken carcase when I did a few whole chickens. I could go on and on.

I suppose an internal meat thermometer would be recommended. I have personally never used them when I use my smoker since I usually can tell if something is done or not by looking at it and it's fat content.

It's always fun to explore different marinades like vinaigrette dressings or rubs. You should look into smoking salmon using a wooden plank in the smoker made from cedar wood. Explore with flavored wood chips.

~$170-190 I can't remember exactly. Got it from Home Depot. The temp prob is cool. Its a dual zone. So one for the food and one for smoker temp. I put my smoker prob in the middle of the smoker, and put my chicken around it not to influence the reading, and according to it. The built in temp on the door is about 40 degrees low. Shit! I've been smoking way to high then. I'm cruzin at 229 right now. Fluctuates from around that to 235. Must be the wind.

• Like 1

Never used a remote temp but i love using my smoker. Just some POS i bought off craigslist but it works wonders. Pork shoulder, Pork tenderlion, and Beef brisket are my favorite things to do ATM but am always looking for something new to try

Sweet brine a whole chicken. 1/2 cup kosher salt. 1/2 cup brown sugar. 1/2 gallon water in pitcher. Fridge brine 24hrs. Dry off coat with olive oil, season to tast. 225F until done.

Chicken so juicy you would swear it was a flying pork cow. Then boil the carcas and make your own broth. Smoked soup! Tellin ya man. Envy of the lunch room