Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

In-Form Wiesberger Goes Two Shots Clear In Kuala Lumpur

Champ Kind

2015-02-07T134510Z_1_LYNXMPEB1606N_RTROPTP_2_GOLF-EUROPEAN.JPGAustrian Bernd Wiesberger will take a two-shot lead into the final round of the Malaysian Open after firing the lowest score of his European Tour career at the Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club on Saturday. Wiesberger, who had top-six finishes in the three Desert Swing events, continued his rich vein of form and birdied the first five holes in a sparkling 63 to lead Spaniard Alejandro Canizares (68) by two shots at 17-under 199. "I caught up with the leaders early, which was good, and finished off well," said Wiesberger who finished the penultimate round with a hat-trick of birdies. This is my European Tour record - I've never shot a 63," said the 29-year-old, seeking his third European Tour title and first since 2012.

View the full article