Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Help!!!

MrToiletPaper

Story goes, I'm playing league with 4 bars of WiFi, and everything loses internet. Team speak, Skype, steam all lose connection. I troubleshot everything and I got "your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding." Ive done countless things to try and fix my problem, but my internet connection is limited. My dad says that its the computers fault. Is it? Is there a fix to this? (My computer is a gateway laptop)

Story goes, I'm playing league with 4 bars of WiFi, and everything loses internet. Team speak, Skype, steam all lose connection. I troubleshot everything and I got "your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding." Ive done countless things to try and fix my problem, but my internet connection is limited. My dad says that its the computers fault. Is it? Is there a fix to this? (My computer is a gateway laptop)

Try a wired connection. sounds like it is losing connection. How old is the computer? can you list a link to the computer or specs of some kind

Edited by PooStar_Nutbag

Gonna ask the obvious. Have you tried turning it on and off again?

yes I have. When I restart my laptop, it has connection for a short second, then it becomes limited

Try a wired connection. sounds like it is losing connection. How old is the computer? can you list a link to the computer or specs of some kind

my computer is 2 years I think. Im a noon when it comes to finding specs. How do I find my specs? Edited by DeathShot
Use the edit button

Download a program like Speccy if you want to find out what your specs are. But, like other posts have said, your best bet will be to go wired. Wireless is very unreliable, especially for gaming. I can also imagine Gateway's poor quality control and build quality has something to do with your issues as well.