Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Satans Laptop

iPhobia

Today I was searching around the world wide web and ran across something cool. Stay open minded, I've looked into it just a little bit and i'm possibly going to order it to try it out. It's called EXP GDC Best Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock. I was curious if anyone else has tried this or thought about trying it, and how well it works.

Also I realize there is a downside to this with my current laptop. The motherboard is an Asus K55A. It only has 1 pci express mini slot and it currently in use by the wifi adapter card, but it doesn't bother me that much to have to remove it to try this.

Any other advice or other adapters yall might use to achieve such greatness?

Also I have an i5-3230M and 1 stick of 4gb ram, running windows 7 ultimate.

How much is your budget? I would say stay away because you CPU will most likely bottleneck the GPU. Ram is also an issue here. 4gb is not bad but 1 stick is bad because you can not run dual channel memory.

2x2gb sticks would be better but then you are putting money into other parts to make a laptop run a little better (money could be better spent). My advice is to build a tower and get away from the laptop.