Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computer

Jeff Moore

If you just want the brand. I've never found alienware to be any better than any other brand. If you like paying more for less then go for it. My suggestion is asus. Generally they are cheaper in every aspect and most times, the come with better specs. Not to mention better customer support. Can't handle dell/alienware customer support without throwing the phone.

If your looking for a little project, DIY barebone kits are always fun to put together imho.

Though I'm not saying alienware is bad, I just think their are better options for the same price if not cheaper.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't pay so much for an Alienware, considering you could build an even more badass computer from scratch for a lot cheaper. That's what I did and it was probably the smartest decision in gaming I ever did. If you think of it this way, you know everything you put into your build. It's really not that hard to build a PC and you could easily YouTube it and learn fairly quickly. Also, you can upgrade it as much as you want whenever you want at your own pace.

tl;dr Alienware is very expensive for not very good performance as iphobia said, but if you want the x51 because it's made by Alienware, be my guest? though there's a lot of better options than that.

• Like 1

Always build your own one. If you don't know how, learn, if you don't want to learn, get a friend to help you and if you happen to be friendless then just pay someone some bucks, it will still be cheaper and you don't need to spend.

You don't need the 4th/5th generation intel i5/i7 if you are going to play heavy games. better to buy a 3rd generation and get a better graphic card. That is if you want to experience nice graphics, more and more games are better looking, aka, needs better gear.

Build your own, go more on the things you need rather than buy a built one that got stuff in it that you won't be using.

FUCK THE CASE, buy cheap one that look ugly and work good, save money! YOU WILL NOT LOOK AT IT, YOU WILL LOOK AT SCREEN!

imo

Edited by Mr Swede