Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

So Yesterday Found This Stuff Out About My Family

Shaman

What I found out was vastly interesting and oddly not from my mother but from my Grandmother and a relative I've never seen. It goes something like this.

My Shippee line is definitely Scottish, While the Shippee name originates as English/Scottish my line Adopted it way back when to avoid the King or something like that. nearly all the Shippee's in the RI area are of Scottish descent. It was very stressed to me that the lineage is primarily of German/Scottish ancestry with some others mixed into it.

Which leads me into the next bit.

Back a bit in the line there is a direct line grandmother that was adopted and then married into the family on the Shippee side that was a full blood Native American.

Other things mentioned.

In the Catamount Charter there is a clause or what have you in it that states that no State official can tell a Direct Line descendant of Amasa Shippee (And a couple of other families) they are not allowed to be there. (This coming from the Uncle and a Personal experience and also confirmed by my Grandmother) This is of course as long as not trashing the place. (I'm working on verifying this, but if accurate it means I could walk onto Catamount any time I want and could not be told to leave.)

This is kinda some crazy but awesome shit to find out about your family!

Edited by Alten
  • Like 1