Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ssd And Gpu

XxwonderbredxX

Hey guys.

Soon I wanna upgrade my graphics card since I have a GTX 650Ti 1GB. I want something a bit better to play newer games, because right now I can't play Titanfall on the highest settings. I was looking at the GTX 750Ti 2GB since I need one that's under $200. But, my question is will it be better than my 650Ti (just cause its newer doesn't always mean better). The performance chart shows its just a little better. I'd preferable want a ASUS or EVGA brand. So thoughts and suggestions?

lineup.png

And I need a SSD for under $150 just so I can have the main programs I run on my PC like Steam, CS:GO, Chrome shit like that. It needs to be 2.5'' size. And at least like 125+ GB. So suggestions?

INFO about my Build.

MOBO: ASROCK Z77 Extreme 4

CPU: Intel i5-3570K 3.4GHz (Overclocked at 4.0-4.4)

RAM: 16GB G.SKILL SNIPER:

Power supply: Seasonic X-SERIES 650W GOLD

Alrighty so I recommend forking out the extra 40 bucks for this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147373&cm_re=850_evo-_-20-147-373-_-Product for the SSD unless you can wait for it to get a bit cheaper. I have the TB version of that and it's fantastic.

In regards to the video card is it a necessity to upgrade now? AMD is going to be releasing their 3xx cards relatively soon which will force Nvidia to cut prices and give you more options for under 200

Alrighty so I recommend forking out the extra 40 bucks for this http://www.newegg.co...7-373-_-Product for the SSD unless you can wait for it to get a bit cheaper. I have the TB version of that and it's fantastic.

In regards to the video card is it a necessity to upgrade now? AMD is going to be releasing their 3xx cards relatively soon which will force Nvidia to cut prices and give you more options for under 200

I'll get the 250GB if anything. Since its the same SSD just a difference in storage space.

And No, I can wait like 3-4 months. Is this known to happen? The cutting down of the prices because AMD releases a new series.. Will Crysis 3 run max settings on my 650Ti?

Yea it's the cycle of video cards. Nvidia releases something huge (aka the titan) at a crazy price range, then AMD releases their product that albeit isn't as high on the performance scale as nvidia, is significantly cheaper which prompts nvidia to cut prices. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw the titan drop to 800 in 4-6 months.

Yea it's the cycle of video cards. Nvidia releases something huge (aka the titan) at a crazy price range, then AMD releases their product that albeit isn't as high on the performance scale as nvidia, is significantly cheaper which prompts nvidia to cut prices. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw the titan drop to 800 in 4-6 months.

Sounds about right, just like every product in the world. Competition is the name of the game.

LAST question..

What quality settings can I run Crysis 3 with my setup? Max? Med?

I would say buy a cheap 120gb SSD for 60$ and then spend more money on the graphics card. you can alwayas buy another SSD later on but you will regret going cheap on the graphics card. I would invest my money in the GPU. 120gb is plenty of room for OS and a few games. Later on buy another identical SSD and run them in Raid to boost the SSD performance. 750TI is not that much better. You can find a refurbished 970 for 270 or a brand new one for a little over 300. GTX 960 is about 240 brand new and is also a better option

Edited by PooStar_Nutbag
  • Like 2

I'm not an AMD guy. Thanks for the SSD suggestion.

I would say buy a cheap 120gb SSD for 60$ and then spend more money on the graphics card. you can alwayas buy another SSD later on but you will regret going cheap on the graphics card. I would invest my money in the GPU. 120gb is plenty of room for OS and a few games. Later on buy another identical SSD and run them in Raid to boost the SSD performance. 750TI is not that much better. You can find a refurbished 970 for 270 or a brand new one for a little over 300. GTX 960 is about 240 brand new and is also a better option

Yeah, I might as well just save up for the 960. :D Thanks dude.

Dont buy into the really expensive SSD's i have an intel 240gb that was almost 200# and a 120gb crucial mx100 for 60$. Both are lightning fast and i can not tell the difference between the cheap crucial or the expensive intel drive. My only regret is not having identical SSD's. I can not run them in raid since they are different brands and sizes :/ if you want to compare one SSD to another just compare the Read/write speeds, but like i said its so fast you wont ever know the difference.