Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Golfer Undeterred After Australian Crocodile Attack

Champ Kind

590f1704f3983d44f7b64fea03f968207f5fdddb.jpgA golfer vowed on Tuesday to get back on the course after being bitten by a crocodile as he retrieved a ball from a water trap during a round in Australia. John Lahiff, 75, was playing at the Palmer Sea Reef Golf Course in Port Douglas, 70 kilometres (43 miles) north of popular tourist town Cairns, on Monday afternoon when he hooked his ball into the water on the 11th hole. "I drove the cart around to retrieve the ball -- and I didn't see the croc sunbaking just on the edge of the water," he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. "I walked past it and then it got me on the way back and as soon as it grabbed me it took off into the water." The 1.5-metre (five-foot) saltwater crocodile left him with a deep cut on his shin and puncture wounds to his calf.

View the full article