Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Hello, Potential Friends! (The Me! Edition)

Hello Everybody! My name is asld (To Be Announced?)

Technically I am new to the community, being that this is my first real attempt at participating and socializing with you guys. even though I have joined the servers every once in a while. I'm not really good at introductions..... but i'll try my best. Anyways, let's move on.

About Me!

I have just recently graduated high school this last fall, and am heading off to college in just a couple of months. Currently, the plan is to become a programmer, with an emphasis on entertainment / video games, since computers are my passion. I really can't wait to go!

As stated, I absolutely love video games. They are, by far, my favorite hobby. When I am not being completely antisocial (or whatever the term is) I can usually be found playing CS:GO, Gmod, or TF2. I have other games but, eh, you can stalk my profile if you really want to know what I play.

Now, you might be thinking. "What is this handsome nerd doing here?"

I'll try to explain that in the best way I can. Since I am heading off to college, I may possibly go insane. A vast majority of my friends are heading off to different states/countries for a few years, and the rest are going to different colleges in state. This troubles me because these are the people that i fit in with the most, that I care about more than anything.... and they are leaving. I need somewhere to fit in. I need distractions from what could possibly be the toughest, loneliest four years of my life. I just kind of want a place that I can go, where I know people, and where people know me. A place to share some laughs with good buddies. Anyways, I digress......

I hope that this is a place that I can soon call home! The community seems really fun. Hopefully I get to know many of you, as much as I hope that I can make a name for myself here, and be well known.

If you guys want to know anything else about me, feel free to ask. I might have an answer to your theoretical questions (If anyone cares)!

Anyways, that ends my sucky introduction. :)

• Like 2

Welcome to HG! We're cool n' all but I can't stress the fact that you need or must put serious effort into making friends in college. I'm not a total outcast but I speak from experience in saying that if you don't make friends quickly in a new environment your mental and social situation gets really messed up and sorta sad. Thats how I felt anyways. Welcome to HG! :)

PS: im fine and not a mental case

Oh yeah, definitely! But it is kind of nice to have communities in different aspects of your life, digital and non-digital. Of course i'm going to be searching for friends (and continue pursuing my crush). I found it hard to word my post. I don't want to make this my new social life, but more of a supplement. I'm just looking for a community is all :)