Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Woods Fires His Best Round Of Season At Greenbrier

Champ Kind

2015-07-02T182602Z_1_LYNXNPEB61138_RTROPTP_2_US-GOLF-PGA.JPG(Reuters) - Tiger Woods shot his lowest score in 16 months, a four-under-par 66 that left him four strokes behind leader Scott Langley after the opening round of the Greenbrier Classic on Thursday. "People think I'm crazy when I say I'm close but I felt like I was close," Woods told PGATour.com after a round that included seven birdies, one bogey and a double-bogey in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia. "This past week was a good week (of practice) and today I hit the ball well all day until a couple of tee shots at the end, tugged a couple." Woods described as "stupid" his double-bogey at the par-four sixth, his 15th hole, where he left his approach in the bunker, but he roared back like his old self to finish with three consecutive birdies.

View the full article