Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Zombie Survival] 09/01/2015 Update Balancing Suggestions

->SK<-

You mean the original ZS that NO ONE plays anymore, all the servers that have the original mod are all dead. HG is the most active out of all of them, so clearly, we were doing something right.

That's why I joined 3 years ago. It's only popular because we save points. That's it. There's nothing else to it. Because of that we are able to purchase whatever we want which causes balance issues.

REWard them for damaging barricades , killing humans, ect. That way it gives them an incentive to attack the human team. They can use the points they earn when they become human again.
I suggested this over two years ago when I was in leadership. Still hasn't been done and I doubt it will be. It hasn't even been tested. As far as I'm concerned there's no proof it doesn't work. It's simple really, for every 40 damage done to a nailed barricade the zombie in question gets 1 point. Of course the solution for this is it only works if a player is near the barricade. How would that work? Not a clue. For every 10 damage done to a human he gets 1 point. Simple stuff. I literally just pulled those numbers out of my ass because they look fair. Of course do the math before correcting me.

I'm not going to get into the argument regarding the weapon tiers. I haven't played ZS in over 2 years so I don't have an opinion. If I play and find that it's the most unbalanced stuff I've ever seen I'll speak my mind. Though as a note regarding all this stuff. Keep records. It's simple. You simply can't make informed decisions if you don't keep any records. The more uninformed decisions you make the more everyone loses. Look at every angle even those that you strongly disagree with because sometimes those are the ones that are right.

• Like 1

Keep records. It's simple. You simply can't make informed decisions if you don't keep any records. The more uninformed decisions you make the more everyone loses. Look at every angle even those that you strongly disagree with because sometimes those are the ones that are right.

This is why I created a thread like this; to do exactly this and besides.

I will keep all avenues open so people can have a place to speak their minds

• Like 1

hmmm

Quality reply.

On topic now. I played a few games yesterday and I'd say I'm qualified to make judgement's based off what I found and the experience I have assisting in the balance of a game on steam. I've found that there's little to no incentive for the zombie team to constantly rush a barricade, deal ~30 damage, and be slaughtered. I genuinely think the solution for this issue is a points system exclusive to the zombie team. If it sounds interesting then message me and I'll explain the whole thing.

The tier system on the other hand doesn't do its job well enough. The purpose I like, it eliminates excessive use of powerful weapons in early waves. Have you considered buffing the zombies accordingly? Base it on the human:zombie ratio. The fewer zombies the more damage they do and the higher their health pool. For example if it was 70:1 then that 1 should have a very high health pool and be able to one shot a human player. This would help shorten the games and encourage people to go to the zombie team or work together more so on the human team. I feel certain weapons could use a redesign in terms of damage, accuracy, or rate of fire.

If you want more detail on these things and an outline on how they'd work either add me on steam or send me a PM.

• Like 1

The tier system on the other hand doesn't do its job well enough.

I thought I was going crazy; someone actually has common sense and isn't all bout point whoring? ITS TIME TO CELEBRATE :D

Have you considered buffing the zombies accordingly?

This I have considered. However it's a delicate balance that needs to be struck and you're never really going to achieve 100% balance in a game like ZS. But we can come close to it. A system like this already exists for things like the zombine specifically. If there aren't many, their grenades deal a percentage more damage. If they are all over the shop, they deal a percentage less damage than base.

Thanks for the feedback though! Much appreciated.

• 3 months later...