Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Dm Server Issues

I've been a part of HellsGamers for several months and since the most recent huge CS:GO update, both the Crackhouse and Dust 2 deathmatch servers have been on a decline. The Crackhouse server lags on and off. I can attest this by saying I am not the only one with an issue and my Internet is garbage. The spawns in the Dust 2 are awful in that CT's spawn behind T's and vice-versa. I hear numerous complaints in both servers about these issues. Something has to be done. The Crackhouse server doesn't have half the activity it used to because of the lag and the Dust 2 server is difficult to play in. Before the last update, both servers would automatically kick bots when a number of people joined. Now the bots stay in both servers. I've heard rumors that the bots in the Crackhouse server are what causes it to lag. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but as a player in the servers on a daily basis, I'm requesting that something change in both of them. They are not what they used to be at all.

so bot_kick all doesnt work ?

Mods were able to kick bots before the last update. Is that still possible? Yui said there was a bug where if he kicked them, they would automatically respawn.

Kicking the bots isnt the issue, its bot_quota that sucks. Its what forces a certain amount of bots onto the server.

I made an account here strictly for the purpose of replying/commenting on this issue. I've been a long time player on your server's, and my favorite one's are Crackhouse and Dust2 Deathmatch. But they have serious issues you guys need to work out quickly.

The Crackhouse server, I stopped playing on because of the lag that's around constantly. It's just not playable. You get a good 5 or so minutes until you hit a wall of lag, rinse and repeat.

The Dust2 DM server I have major issues with and have seen and heard many players voice the same displeasure over the same issues.

Specifically, there are simply too many bots. I get that the reason for having bots is to make the server look fuller, and attract more players. They do that, but your server is also highly popular enough that you really don't need them, or you don't need as many.

On any given night at prime time (right now I am on there at 8pm EST) there are MORE than enough players, and too many bots. In fact, there are so many that you're often literally spawning into death. Die, spawn, get killed instantly. The BOTS are taking up (during prime times) spawn points thus forcing the game to put you back to the same area you just died in, or spawned in. People are complaining about the spawns and how they need fixed, but really they don't. I have played on the server at times where it was dead and there was rarely an issue with the spawns, because the bots weren't taking them up.

You guys need to either give an admin the ability to kick the bots, or better yet, have the server have bots until a person joins. The more people join, the more bots the server kicks. When (like right now) there are 20 actual players on the server, you do not have any need at all for a single bot.

It's extremely frustrating to play during these times because the spawns get really stupid, and you're spawning into death constantly. I went from 1700 ranking points to 1300 in the span of 20 minutes just now solely because of constant respawning into death. There is nothing you can do about it when it happens.

It's making the server extremely unattractive to play on lately, as there seem to be mroe and more actual players joining during peak times. And during those peak times there are about 20 actual players, and 10 bots...Completely unnecessary to have a bot at this point.

I also echo Big J's points on that when the bots are on the server, they are almost godlike at times. This I can deal with, shit happens. But frankly, the issue with there being bots on a full server is really asinine.

Honestly if it's such a huge issue that you can't fix with tweaks or the "bot_quota" thing...Just get rid of them altogether. Like I said above, your server is popular enough that it'll garner players during all times of day and especially during peak player hours like right now.

Edited by Looseball
  • Like 1

These servers have been neglected; the lag has not been addressed and the spawns have not been fixed.

That's funny how you think so, being as though you aren't the ones working on them or keeping an eye on them for crashes. Its being looked into, "lag" isnt an easy thing to fix neither are the spawns.

• Like 2

Burnt, I understand that it takes time. But this has been up for weeks. It's still not changed. I'm getting worried people will start leaving cause of these problems. I can't tell you how many people bitch in the servers about the issues. I'm not the only one.

Here is the bottom line, from a veteran CS player (all the way back to beta).

You guys have some serious issues with you DM servers that have literally gone unaddressed. The fact that when I made my last post, the view count of the thread kept going up and yet a week later nobody had responded does nothing but prove my point.

I was going to donate to your server, but fuck that. There is no way I am giving money to people that don't show any sense of giving a fuck about their server, plain and simple.

You have regulars on the server, that play daily, that blatantly hack. The ONLY HG member I have ever seen on the server, is Big J, and he is not an admin. In fact, I have never seen an admin on the server since I first started playing here a year + ago. Period. That's simply not how you run a server.

On top of that, you have a crackhouse server that constantly lags, yet it's always "oh it's the bots"...Well, here's a solution even a monkey can figure out....REMOVE THEM. Seriously, how hard is that?

The same goes with the Dust 2 DM server. Your bots on the server is out of control, and I've seen on a daily basis people complain about them and leave as well because of it.

Quite frankly, I'm getting ready to do the same. It's a shame, because for the better part of a year this has been my favorite DM server to play on. Unfortunately, your lack of caring and response to the various issues that remain since I first joined (so they've at least been around for a year, that's retarded, seriously), has led me to do two things:

1) I will not donate to the server, which I woudl have gladly done before, and kept doing. But yeah, fuck it. That seems to be your guys mindset, so it's now mine. When you get your shit in order, maybe I'll consider giving you 10 cents. But as of right now, it's not worth a nickel. Let alone a dime.

2) I'm leaving. If things aren't sorted out in anotehr month or so, I'm done. I can't play on a server that its own admins don't show any sense of giving a shit about.

EDIT: Also saying "I'm looking for something"....Nowadays google can turn up a solution in seconds...It may take longer to implement them, but it certainly doesn't take this long. So yeah, you either JUST started looking, or you looked around once and forgot about it hoping it would go away. There is absolutely zero chance that you have been "looking" every day and a solution just isn't there. It's quite the opposite.

Your servers have issues. It's time to fix them. A year (at least) is more than enough. Like I said, it's not rocket science.

I apologize for my demeanor, but seriously, I am pissed off at the lack of response, and/or caring that has been shown. Especially if you have the audacity to show such lack of effort to fix prolems then ask for donations...If you can't handle it, don't have 40 different CS servers.

You want some easy solutions until you can "google" whatever you need to "look into" ??? I'll give you three right off the bat. After this, you have zero excuses.

1. Eliminate the bots altogether

2. Reduce the number of bots allowed

3. Set it up so that each person that joins, a bot is kicked or removed

EASY PEASY JAPANEASY. What's your excuse now?

Edited by Looseball
  • 2 weeks later...

the bots are built in yes we can as gold admins kick bots but they will just come right back no point i tryed it trust me and also for the lag the farther you are away from where it is the more lagg you have and the pings from people on the server causes lag to (correct me if im wrong icon or burnt) as for the main real reason you complaining about the spawns what wrong with them? you have spawn protection when u spawn you dont move thats your fault not ours.

if i remember right (been awhile) but if i remember right you get 10 seconds to move befor the spawn protection wears off and you can be shoot. also the big thing with the servers what creats the most lag is when someone comes in with hacks of some kinda and then yes you need someone to look for them (how i use to help catch someone cheating with bell) so if you really wana be helpful with the whole servers issue get in teamspeak and let someone know when theres a hacker about.

no one can do anything if the problem isnt brought forward and i know that if u post it on the forums it could be hours befor its seen by staff cause they dont always have there forums open they check it from time to time im sure like i do or when i get tired of playing and sit in spec i go check it and post and so on like that to.