Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

admin revoked (Cs:s) Abuse Report (Bkwhopperjr)

luodalong

Abuse Report

Abuser Name

BkWhopperJr

Abuser's Steam ID/Unique ID

U:1:97944686

Where did this occur?

CS:S

What server?

crackhouse

How long ago did this take place?

less then 10 min ago

Give us a brief description of the incident.

BkWhopperJr slayed "Top" [u:1:119030335] for no apparent reason and when asked why he slayed him he would not respond.

Proof Links?

--

post-14044-0-53669800-1454271548_thumb.png

• Like 1

logs...

L 01/31/2016 - 13:12:52: [playercommands.smx] "BkWhopperJr<1045><[u:1:97944686]><>" slayed "Top<1031><[u:1:119030335]><>"
L 01/31/2016 - 13:13:44: [basechat.smx] "[HG] GomerPyle {M}<1042><[u:1:13582260]><>" triggered sm_chat (text why did you slay him BK?)
L 01/31/2016 - 13:14:25: [basechat.smx] "[HG] GomerPyle {M}<1042><[u:1:13582260]><>" triggered sm_psay to "Top<1031><[u:1:119030335]><>" (text I am trying to figure out why BK slayed you)
L 01/31/2016 - 13:14:37: [basecommands.smx] "Console<0><Console><Console>" refreshed the admin cache.

Admin banned until he explains himself.

Hi Gomer / Sirius,

Top was using hate speech (f@ggot/etc.) I told him a couple times to stop and he didn't. I don't have a screenshot of his transgressions as I didn't ban him. Feel free to D/M me over steam if you have any other questions.

@Gomerpyle I tried to respond to your message, but it didn't seem to go through. Added you as a friend right at that time but I don't think you accepted.

As I had exhausted the warn option, the next was kick, or ban. Slay seemed like a milder, interim step.

It seems like I am being excessively disciplined for what seems to be a reasonable response - especially after proof is shown above, which other Mods/Admins missed. I have now been banned for 1.5+- days.

A couple fair questions I have for you guys now:

1) Has Top been disciplined?

2) Do you allow hate speech such as that word, on your servers?

The cycle of punishment for this is, warn, mute, gag, kick, ban.

Since this is through text, you need to gag first. Slaying does nothing to help the incident.

1. We don't do additional punishment for something like this.

2. This isn't hate speech.

Please review the procedures for this type of incident in the admin guide. If you can not agree to this, then this is not the place for you.

To be honest, I followed what I thought was the rules and used fair interpretation from the admin guide which is Warn>Kick>Ban. I assumed slaying was less of a penalty than kicking. You guys should update this: http://hellsgamers.c...ning-guide. Thanks for clarifying.

"Autof@gs" is hate speech. No different from someone saying (dude no)

http://www.americanb...e_hate.html "Hate speech is speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits."

As for the hate speech, if you guys don't consider it hate speech, then this isn't a place for me.

Edited by Iron Chef

I don't care if you were trying to prove a point, you don't use that word.

The issue is you went for a slay when you didn't need to. For text or speech, you use the correct form of either gag/mute.

we do not see that chat as bad as racism or as hate speech. these are the rules.

In fairness, Iron Chef, it IS hate speech whether you/Hellsgamers see it or not. It is clearly defined as hate speech and the American Bar Association (and 1M other websites) will also classify it as hate speech.

If Hellsgamers allows "f@g" in chats, then it allows hate speech through and through.