Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Got Any Neat Or Obscure Info?

Gannonstomps

What does regenerative actually do? Is it really that terrible, only regenerating 1 pt of health every minute?

Is it easier to get headshots with certain weapons? ex. I have a much easier time headshotting with a infiltrator then I do a stubber (or am I just cazy af)

Does vaccination do anything other than prevent disorientation from poision crabs?

I'd like tips an' such on things you could only see by looking at the coding, or by experience - things that aren't obvious

regenerative is bad. its 1pt per minute of gameplay. if you survive all 6 wages, that 33 hp over the entire map. you can heal yourself with a medkit 10hp about every 20 seconds with pretty much unlimited medpower sourced from an arsenal crate. medkit is a bit more from the worth menu but still well worth it over the regenerative trait.

you can press f1 as a human and look at the accuracy of every weapon. accuracy is what determines if its easier to get headshots or not.

vaccination does nothing to poison crabs, only thing it does is when you get hit with zombie poison, it will regenerate faster. there is no trait to combat poison headcrab balls disorientation effect.

i don't even have the option to look at the coding, so i wouldn't expect that. just have to play around with stuff and learn the way everyone else did.

• Like 2

Isn't it resistant that helps you recover from poison damage more quickly, not vaccination? I swear, either I've never been hit in the head with poison while I've had vaccination, or it stops that disorientation effect

An' what I mean about 'easier to headshot with certain weapons', is that with the infiltrator and stubber can both have pinpoint accuracy, yet when I use the former, I sometimes blatantly miss, or hit in the chest area, and 'get' a headshot. Could it have something to do with various weapons' lag compensation?

I've also had this odd occurrence of getting extra damage when targeting the zombies' heads with melee weapons. It even shows a headshot icon next to whatever melee I used; is that an actual thing?

One of the best secrets you can learn is how to phase jump. When I first saw it I thought people were cheating. It's a very overpowered mechanic that surprisingly few players know about.

https://steamcommuni...s/?id=383001739

Another secret people are abusing is that they are purposely picking the green Counter Strike CT player model because it has a broken aura. Most of the time that player model will not have a green dot hovering inside of them making it more difficult for zombies to hit.

Bonemesh bombs can roll of the floor if you aim correctly allowing much greater control on where they explode.

A shovel has a longer melee range than the sledge hammer. It's useful if you are buying a melee weapon specifically to knock zombies off a ledge. It would be better to buy a shovel instead of a sledge if you are trying to knockback the zombies.

Poison headcrab spit only distorts the humans view if you hit them in the head.

If you are a zombie you can have a much higher % chance of becoming the spawn point if you are crouching or laying down. If you have an AFK warning you will not be the spawn point. You will also have a higher % if you are standing next to a group of humans. If there are 2 cades, a solo cade with 1 person and a main cade with the rest of the human team then the spawn system will select zombies close to the main cade as the spawn point.

If you are a zombie and you want to become a boss zombie, if you have the AFK warning when the boss zombies are picked then you will not become a boss zombie.

If you want to become a boss zombie you do not have to kill or hurt humans, you can farm damage to props and if you do enough damage you will be selected as boss. You have to make sure the props you are farming are within a certain radius of a human. If you are unsure if you are close enough to humans you can hit the prop once then kill yourself, if you see that you have done X damage to props in the lower right corner then you can confirm that damage is being added to your boss damage total.

If you have an AFK warning when the game starts and the volunteer zombies are being picked then you will not be selected as a volunteer no matter where you are standing.

If you pick a worth menu loadout and become a zombie, when you redeem you will still retain traits of that worth menu loadout. This has been abused in the past with people using it to get an arsenal crate when they redeem so they can buy a suicide bomb and jihad the zombie horde. Sometimes they will make a secret cade and abandon it so it will be ready for them when they redeem. Sometimes they will place an arsenal crate in a secret spot like on top of the rocks on ZS_Storm then become a zombie then redeem at the very end of the game and rush to the arsenal to buy a suicide bomb.

Edited by Lumpymayo