Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Gpu Or Something Else?

Shaman

Alright so last night I was playing CS:GO and this decided to happen

http://images.akamai...DD26BE722D9036/

http://images.akamai...B082F9BABACF7E/

This was not just happening in the sky though. Running around it would create the artifacts all over the screen for me. At one point I bought a Nova and ended up with a really messed up Nova Nightshade...

rebooted my computer and tried other games trying to get it to happen again and it would not. I even went back into CS:GO and played DM for an hour and it didn't happen.

These are the steps I've done currently

1. Rebooted

2. Drivers

3 Furmark (Ran for 10 minutes and while GPU got to 80c it did not go above this.

Everything seemed like it was back to normal and then this one happened.

This happened through multiple browser restarts until it decided it didn't want to do it for some reason. This is not the first time I've been encountering this issue but it has been the most noticeable. I'm unable to repeat this consistently but it is becoming a concern. I have not even begun to stress this GPU as far as what it can handle so it shouldn't be dying I don't believe.,

The system specs are below.

CPU: Intel I7-5820K

Cooler: Corsair H100iGTX

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 GAMING

PSU: Corsair CX750M

RAM: 16Gb Corsair Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400

What could be causing this?

post-27810-0-96405500-1456230056_thumb.png

Edited by Alten / Tseig

When I upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10 then broswer is fucked up so sigh I was decide for roll back to a windows 7.

#FuckWindows10

That is the thing though. Everything has been perfectly fine for months on Windows 10. Last night was the start of it. I had a match today that it started doing the whole artifact thing and then went away without me doing anything.

When I upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10 then broswer is fucked up so sigh I was decide for roll back to a windows 7.

#FuckWindows10

Wat.

Anyway... It seems like it could be a minor driver issue since you say you haven't seen this happen in other games. Worst case is the gpu could be giving out.. but doesn't sound likely so far. What temps do you get when you play csgo? Does it reach 80c often?

Wat.

Anyway... It seems like it could be a minor driver issue since you say you haven't seen this happen in other games. Worst case is the gpu could be giving out.. but doesn't sound likely so far. What temps do you get when you play csgo? Does it reach 80c often?

I noticed today that it is hitting 55-60c during CS:GO which seems kinda high for a game that is more CPU dependent. The 80c I have only ever seen when stress testing the GPU and that is very rare if ever. typically I see about 55c during gaming with 60c being a rare occurrence. I mean there has been some serious screen tearing since I got the card itself but I always thought the CPU was bottlenecking and causing it.

I noticed today that it is hitting 55-60c during CS:GO which seems kinda high for a game that is more CPU dependent. The 80c I have only ever seen when stress testing the GPU and that is very rare if ever. typically I see about 55c during gaming with 60c being a rare occurrence. I mean there has been some serious screen tearing since I got the card itself but I always thought the CPU was bottlenecking and causing it.

Well those temps are pretty normal and there is no way that CPU is bottlenecking your GPU. Maybe try and test your RAM and see if everything is running fine on there.