Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Golf-Mcilroy Switches Putting Grip After Missed Cut Last Week

Champ Kind

Rory McIlroy will experiment with a new putting grip, with his left hand placed below the right, at this week's WGC-Cadillac Championship in Miami after struggling on the greens and missing the cut in his previous PGA Tour start. "Over the past few weeks my right hand was becoming a little bit too dominant, so I practised over the weekend, just with left below right and it felt really, really good," McIlroy told reporters at Doral on Wednesday while preparing for Thursday's opening round. It felt really, really good, the roll of the ball is really good, the contact is much better and it really just takes my right hand out of it and that's really what I wanted to do." McIlroy, a four-times major winner, missed the cut at the Honda Classic last week after struggling with his putting and he decided to revert to a method he employed during his first full season as a professional.

View the full article