Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Viva La Revelution!

For the past 3 years, I've loved this server. I've made friends on this server. Hell, I even spent a month of my life on this server. It has pissed me off that the "Lovely" people over at Nox won't let us update our server because we're better than them. They let every other network except us update and freely edit the ZS code. I say we update our server the way we want and not let these Noxious asshats monopolize upon our success. FYI, there will be no legal issues as "Becuase they have more server population" is not a valid reason to let every other server except ours update.

post-33837-0-03916600-1457846013_thumb.jpeg

I dont really know all the details but it seems to me that they made ZS meaning that there could be legal issues

Edit: Heres the reason we cant

You will not host, distribute, Modify, or otherwise copy the Content if you are affiliated with HeLLsGamers <hellsgamers.com>.

https://github.com/JetBoom/zombiesurvival/blob/master/LICENSE

Edited by SkeletalElite

Jetboom can do whatever he wants since it's his game.

Meaning he can let us improve this server and have fun there like any other community.

Shit happened in the past and both Hg and Nox paid the price for it so let's move on shall we ?

There needs to be some kind of HG history book. Someone tell me what happened. I know there's sour relations their but why?

I mean, we can do whatever we want with our copy of zs since the license is only for the new code he updated.

But history time for those who are here: Zombie survival was (and still is) free for anyone to use, edit and do whatever they want with it. Soccercrazy decided to do just that and make our server save points. After that our player base began to slowly rise, and so we needed more customized content. Soccer stepped down shortly after that leaving Kigen to be the only official coder for our server. Eventually Kigen, and myself (barely myself) added some custom contect to our server. Eventually our server became more popular than jetboom's and members from their community started to join our server to "Try it out" Most of which would troll, resulting in bans. After finding out that noxious was deliberately trolling us, we issued a group ban to them. After many issues with noxious we eventually started getting DDoS'd (I don't know if we ever proved it was noxious, but it was safe to assume).Eventually things died down and it was pretty quiet, until he updated the ZS code, and added the "no hellsgamers allowed" line into the license.

• Like 2

I mean, we can do whatever we want with our copy of zs since the license is only for the new code he updated.

But history time for those who are here: Zombie survival was (and still is) free for anyone to use, edit and do whatever they want with it. Soccercrazy decided to do just that and make our server save points. After that our player base began to slowly rise, and so we needed more customized content. Soccer stepped down shortly after that leaving Kigen to be the only official coder for our server. Eventually Kigen, and myself (barely myself) added some custom contect to our server. Eventually our server became more popular than jetboom's and members from their community started to join our server to "Try it out" Most of which would troll, resulting in bans. After finding out that noxious was deliberately trolling us, we issued a group ban to them. After many issues with noxious we eventually started getting DDoS'd (I don't know if we ever proved it was noxious, but it was safe to assume).Eventually things died down and it was pretty quiet, until he updated the ZS code, and added the "no hellsgamers allowed" line into the license.

The most funny part is that JetBoom added a setting to allow point saving for ZS in recent code updates.

• 2 weeks later...