Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Need New Keyboard

TestingM

Hi

I need suggestions for a new keyboard. Needs to....

* have no ghosting issues in games

* survive *when* I spill something over the thing

* be rugged, i.e. not have the little feet snap off easily

* USB

optional

- lighting effects of some kind perhaps although I'm not married to the idea.

Cheers,

Misc

Honestly. Razer has been ify on their keyboards due to recent changes in the switch material and branding.

I personally don't like them. I know other people do. But there is just better ones for cheeper cost.

Mechanical hands down is the best out there as far as gaming goes. I would recommend getting a cherry MX keyboard. Not khail switch keyboard as known to razer.

Cherry MX keyboards are not to hard to find I personally use the K95 from corsair. Not too bad but its Cherry MX.

If you're looking for cheap Mech keyboards I would recommend Cooler Master or Others. Corsair are very nice though and I would bet you would find them more enjoyable then others.

First of all the mater used in Corsair keyboards is gun metal and other sorts. But there is no plastic what so ever which is a plus and feels alot nicer.

Secound the RGB LED is embedded in the switch so you're not so likely to come accross static discharge. and the LED failing.

Third there is more varity of switch types so Browns are compared to razer orange swithces. Blues are compared to razer clickys. and reds are their own thing. They're a linear gaming mech switch that I personally love. Its mushy it feels nice. But some might speculate weather the typing expierence is all that great.

As far as pricing the cheapest good mech Cherry MX RGB keyboard is the Corsair Strafe RGB.

The next best RGB is the tenkeyless K65 rgb all corsair keyboards.

Anyway I hope this helped out the process.