Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Server Reset

Harle

It's a dead server

http://hellsgamers.c...ul-suggestions/

http://hellsgamers.c...rs/#entry690955

Players are too advanced, the old PERP feeling(grind) isn't there anymore.

The updates are great and everything but it doesn't encourage new players to join.

Right now the only people who actually play are just growing, not really much action going on except maybe the weekends when there's more players on.

The issue with the server is not updates anymore tbh, it's the population.

Yeah i'm sure people would be upset since they'll be losing tons of money, supplies, cars etc etc etc.

But who cares about what you have when it's a dead server and you only play maybe once a week, a month, a year? idk

New Server + High Population > Old Server + Dead Population

Hopefully this gets somewhere ~~

maybe even introduce a different RP gamemode like hogwarts or military or purge or or or

cats are pretty cute

Edited by Harle
  • Like 10

spent tons of time in perp, have nice cars, tons of cash, ect, ect... but i would LOVE a server reset. Grinding in perp was the best thing about it. Once u get to the point where there's literally nothing to play towards it's a snooze fest.

• Like 2

+1 boxer. I've also spent real money for perp cash, but i dont mind having to grind for it again if everyone else has to also. thats when everyone enjoys playing the goddamn game. I enjoy playing perp but I dont want to do it on another server with brand new rules and I dont want to play on a server with an average of 5 players on (if you're lucky).

I also feel for the players that have countless hours spent on the game accomplishing a lot, but really, what does it matter if no one plays on the server, ur gonna go on and be drive around your f1 or bugatti in a dead server??

I will entertain the idea of a complete reset, but I would have to give a definite date of reset and suspend any money spending via HGStore from announcement time to that date. With some nice and exciting developments coming in the pipeline that I will talk soon about, we should be able to discuss this further.

• Like 8

I feel like it pay to win type but I honestly also think it fun.

Anyways, I did played PERP once and I honestly didn't like it, I feel like everybody is at home when we always play DarkRP instand of PERP.

To be honest here, I think we should replace it with First Responders RP or something other than keeping PERP because I feel like people thinks it boring.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you going to pay everyone back for the money they spent on perpcash?

I mean their "perpcash" is going to waste anyways with a dead server. I honestly don't even log onto perp anymore because it's just a waste of time. It's not fun anymore, I have to much shit. If anything for people who bought their perp cash withing the last three months should get THAT perp cash refunded at least by 50% on the new map. You can't be ignorant to the fact that server gets no players. It's a waste of money to keep it up with three players.

I mean their "perpcash" is going to waste anyways with a dead server. I honestly don't even log onto perp anymore because it's just a waste of time. It's not fun anymore, I have to much shit. If anything for people who bought their perp cash withing the last three months should get THAT perp cash refunded at least by 50% on the new map. You can't be ignorant to the fact that server gets no players. It's a waste of money to keep it up with three players.

I disagree. Here's why.

When people pay for their perpcash, they are paying for a service. To reset the server and take away that perpcash that they spent money on (different if they spent it in game already, but I'll get to that point in a moment.) opens up a window for legal trouble. Obviously, there are exceptions to that, IE Credit Card Fraud (Which ends up with a ban anyways.) Obviously, if they buy perpcash and spend it all immediately in game it may different, however when you buy what would be considered a permanent item like a car in game, which have physical value in game, a reset would take that away as well. Honestly, everything in the game you buy using perp cash has a physical in game, except for the money sinks of losing weapons/drugs in a police raid.

• Like 1

It's not legal trouble. Businesses do it all the time.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130417/08024722740/ea-shuts-down-social-media-games-without-refunding-money.shtml

If HellsGamers has it in their ToC that anything you buy with real life money is more "this is ours, but you can play with it" rather than "this is now your property, do as you want with it", then yes, they can legally close down the server and see no legal repercussion.

http://www.gamerlaw.co.uk/2012/what-happens-when-a-game-with-virtual-goods-closes/

Secondly, it's just not realistic that someone would go through all the paperwork, money lawyers, and hassle to get back $20 that they paid. It's not worth it. If HG wants people on their server, this is what they have to do. Instead of bashing ideas, how about we throw new ones in there?

• Like 1