Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Rays Honor Orlando Shooting Victims During Pride Night

Champ Kind

2016-06-18T060833Z_1006980001_LYNXNPEC5H04S_RTROPTP_2_CSPORTS-US-BASEBALL-RAYS.JPG(Reuters) - The Tampa Bay Rays honored victims of Orlando's mass shooting with a dedicated Pride Night on Friday, which drew their largest regular season crowd in more than 10 years. Forty-nine people were killed at an Orlando night club on Sunday in what was the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history. The Rays chose to make their contest against San Francisco a night of observance as Tropicana hosted 40,135 fans, the most at the ballpark since Opening Day in 2006.

View the full article

The Orlando shooting is such a tragic event. I remember the Boston Bombing back in April of 2013 and the Sandy Hook shooting back in December of 2012, although they were both tragic events I have seen the community grow that much closer to one another and stronger in the process, I live less than 2-3 hours from where both these events have occurred.