Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New Laptop Or Not

Raptor

Alright so here's some background information.

For those of you that don't know, i've been playing on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011) this whole time. With a few minor adjustments my dad has put in it that's basically all i've been using for gaming and the other shit i've been doing. I can run CSGO almost completely fine and GMOD with minor issues as long as i've got packs downloaded and that. But other than that i can play almost no games on this laptop. I tried playing Total War, but was wayyyyy too laggy to do anything, and all the other cool games on steam are for windows only.

So here are my options:

I'm currently 16 and my dad told me i can wait 2 more years and he can buy me a new macbook pro for college and i will probably be able to play the same games but a little better and do college shit on there.

Or

I can and want to invest in a gaming laptop that I can play high level games such as Arma 3 & Total war But also be able to use for schoolwork and work stuff easily. My budget is $1000, I think i can squeeze out that much for this so if you guys can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know how much playing games on the go matters to you, but you can try this:

Spend around 200-300 on a laptop that works for school. A Chromebook or something similar.

Spend the rest of your budget on parts to build a Gaming PC. Whatever you can build will be better than any gaming laptop you can buy for the same price. Building a PC isn't difficult. There's plenty of guides online that can walk you through, so don't worry if the task seems daunting. If you need help picking out parts, head over to https://hellsgamers.com/forum/146-build-ideas-requests/ and I'm sure somebody can help you.

• Like 1

I can and want to invest in a gaming laptop that I can play high level games such as Arma 3 & Total war But also be able to use for schoolwork and work stuff easily. My budget is $1000, I think i can squeeze out that much for this so if you guys can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

At $1000 you'll just be looking at very average laptops with like a "gaming" gpu in it, which currently is usually a 960m (2gb vram) or 970m (4gb vram) if you find a good deal. Also arma 3 is pretty demanding and mainly cpu heavy, you will probably be able to play it fine just don't expect any decent fps unless you're playing it single player because online the fps drops depending on the amount of players.