Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Please Remove The Voting Percentages From The Votelist Again

Fir3w411

Should voting percentages be removed from the votielist?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm going to copy and paste my post from here in regard to the question:

Should the voting percentages be removed from the votelist?

These two points are enormous issues.

Any voting system is manipulated by opinions of other people.

If someone doesn't know something and are voting, they just vote for what the other person is voting for - "what HE said." This also extends to the older players, not only the noobs. You can call this a 'bandwagon' effect, to put it simply - people vote for what the fool next to them is voting for.

We've all fallen victim to this - even subconsciously your opinion is changed by seeing what the "top" map is; focusing attention on it.

On the microphone issue, it also plays a big role. People start spamming "WOW LET's PLAY THIS MAP! THIS MAP! THIS MAP!". And guess what usually wins? The one they are spamming on the microphone.

This leads to a system where the one with the biggest mouth on the microphone has the greatest effect on what the next map will be.

The end result of all this in this context is a system where you end up playing the same 15 maps all day long.

I've always wanted to see a majority-rules voting system where no one knows what the person next to them is voting for because I think the results would be surprising, none of this 'bandwagon' shit.

EDIT: You can see this IRL ESPECIALLY with elections and campaigns(it couldn't be a better example). Media being the mic spammers, and friends as well as the media of these voters being their influence.

I have yet to see a serious point made in favor of the percentages, so if you have any then share them (especially if you vote no).

If you vote no then explain why in a post, because (as I explained in the OP) I've yet to hear a serious point in favor of this system.

I voted no, now we have good votelist in any case the map will be played at the moment or another. If people are choosing to vote only obj/ze map for 2 hours so there will be no more obj/ze map for 24 next hours until reset

• Like 1

I voted no, now we have good votelist in any case the map will be played at the moment or another. If people are choosing to vote only obj/ze map for 2 hours so there will be no more obj/ze map for 24 next hours until reset

Which brings me to my point: if people vote for what they want then why is it an issue that we play these maps over and over?

The ability to see the voting percentages creates a bias in your mind and usually people pick the map they see winning, as I wrote in the other thread.

It's why you see map A and B both have two votes, then say, two people vote for map A, and everyone begins voting for that one map. It happens literally every time.

What's stopping people from voting for obj/ze map-after-map with the current system? It literally is happening as I am writing this (ZE two or three maps in a row)

I voted yes it should be removed.

This often feels like the situation in other servers where the person using !nomination the fastest get their map onto the first option in votemaps, which always get picked.

Should the votemap percentage be seen, the fastest loader and clicker can effectively make people follow his or her decision; and I'm not a fan of it.

Besides from that we also have people yelling this map that map like others have stated.

Don't care if kleiners make kleiner decision - it's genuinely their opinion and they have the right to use their vote the way they wish.

Hell we even allow the ignorant to vote for our damn president.

Edited by futo