Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

"locking" Props Mechanic

NewPueblo

I had this fun idea yesterday after we got slaughtered by a bunch of zombies. I think you should be able to lock and unlock a prop at will (via some key combination(of course)). Locking a prop would make sure that only you can put nails into that prop, whereas unlocking a prop allows other people to add nails, but not remove nails by other people. So, if you were the first person to nail down a prop, other people wouldn't be able to remove your nails, but multiple other people could put their own nails into it, each only being able to unnail their own nails.

I think this is a good alternative to the setting you can activate, which is "don't let anyone touch anyone of my props regardless of the situation". If you just nailed a door down for the cade, and you know you want to have it in that position for pretty much forever, you could unlock that prop, so that if you didn't have enough nails, or couldn't get around hammering four down into it, someone else could fill it in for you. Also this is good for when people are putting smaller props in front of the cade right before the round to add some extra bulk. If it's about to go and you want to nail it in because it's about to get destroyed, you could do that. I mean, that prop is probably gonna go sooner than later, so it really wouldn't hurt to increase the time your cade lasts.

Edited by NewPueblo

they add nails, but you can't remove them.

SO IN THE EVENT YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO REPOSITION A PROP YOU'RE LITERALLY FUCKED.

please note: all seasoned caders always choose options over bulk

hence, having only my nails in said prop opens up multiple options for me to play with and adapt according to how the zombie situation is going.

• Like 1

The only problem with this is that people can troll if others can nail into your props, that's why caders usually have that option activated... your're basically saying add the same exact option that is already available but the difference is that you can bind it... at least that's my understanding

I should probably reiterate. This setting wasn't meant to replace the "don't allow others to nail my props" setting. It's supposed to act as a "clarifier" of sorts. In fact, I even have that setting enabled. I mean, I'm pretty sure people don't want others stealing their props anyways :P

Edited by NewPueblo

With nail price decreased to 1/5 of what we had (and resupply actually gives you nail), nobody really should have problem quad nailing by themselves provided you played more than half a game or participated in just one ze map session.

Days when I and many other caders go like -300 for buying hammers over and over are gone.