Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Bugged ban system-Need help

Hobbit

1. Your in-game name:

[-hg-] | }{OBBIT | (: '_' :)

2. Server that you were banned on:

Jailbreak

3. The Banning admin:

None, it's a bug in the system.

4. Your Steam-Id:

STEAM_0:1:26023557

5. Reason for ban:

IP Adress-65.1.229.119

I already talked to two staff members about this issue and one council member. The council member The staff member ttaM (Matt) said he got the problem fixed but it restarted. Anyways the problem is that only the Jailbreak server is IP banning me for 5 minutes at a time over and over. ttaM asked for my IP address and steam id and then said he fixed the issue but for some reason it restarted. So, I'm hoping a staff or council member here can get the Jailbreak server to stop IP banning me or figure out why it is doing it. It is also not showing up on the ban logs on the HG website because Slaz let me check it. If you need to contact me then I will be in vent and just message me in there, or you can talk to me on steam- steam name: [-hg-] | }{OBBIT | (: '_' :).

Thank you for your time.

3fba095cf8556f55e6712e82f0853b39.jpg e363a62ffcee4095a344e375fbc7c5f4.jpg

Edited by auto-council bot.

Error 1337: Misclassification of user as council

Well, you weren't in SourceBans...

if you look at the banned list in HLSW, you were in there, both steamid and IP

6e9507006cf501d4bfb4f476a819020d.jpg

so, I removed all of those 7 bans. Not sure why they were in there anywayyy.

I checked the actual banned_user.cfg and banned_ip.cfg on JB and they are both blank. Also, those two files are not execed anyway in the autoexec so as far as I can see, there's no reason why it should reban you

I remember hearing from Clark a long time ago that the "Remove" button in HLSW does not work properly.

So I have gotten in the habit of never using it. What I did instead was copy the SteamID into the Textbox labled "Global ID / IP" then I click the "UNBAN" button.

Also, after u make changes, click the "Write" button... that makes the changes stick when the server restarts