Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

I need answers!

INCUBUS

Why is it that sometimes there's a hacker in a server that I have admin in that I can't ban? I look for their name in the admin command menu for the ban command, and I can't find their name. It isn't there at all! Then they continue to hack yet I can't do anything. This happens a lot in Crackhouse specifically. Like last night there was a guy named "Where's My Homies?" who had the most obvious walls ever. I tried specing him and getting a demo but he left before I could. However, when i pulled up the menu to ban him he didn't show up. This isn't the first time this has happened. It's even happened in office. I also looked up his steam ID but Im wondering what I can do to get that to stop for when there's a hacker next. I don't suppose you guys could ban him if I give you his steam ID could you??? PLZ do it.

i know this part should prolly go under "ban reports" but i don't have a demo and just hope you take my word for it. I wouldn't waste my time reporting him if I wasn't sure he hacked.

1. Name: Where's My Homies

2. Steam Id: STEAM_0:1:13349846

3. Server: Crackhouse

4. Reason: Wall Haxorz

6. Comments: Sorry I don't have a demo I just hope that this is good enough. Oh and I know there are plenty of walls you can shoot through in Crackhouse, as I do that too even, but this guy got like 4 consecutive headshots on me through the walls from allllll the way across the map without even peaking.

But the main thing is how do I ban someone or kick them even in the future whose name isn't shown on the admin menu?

Their name should be showing up as long as they are still on the server (unless they are disconnected and still in the server, causing an anomaly.

If you have their SteamID - post on the forums. sm_ban #steamid time reason

If you can get their ingame ID (usually 2 or 3 characters) - you can ban using that. sm_ban #id timeforban reason

You must include the pound (#) sign for those bans.

And yes, with a Steam ID we can ban people, but we need proof in order to do so. All bans of over two hours require proof and a post. So without any proof of this guy's wallhacks, there isn't anything anyone can do.

Sorry.

Edited by Slazenger

• 2 weeks later...
My friend has a script where his name doesn't show up on the panel and you have to ban him manually.

This may be the case also it could be an admin and therefore they have immunity.

These people usually show up first in the list since they no name is before having a name as far as ASCII goes.

But yeah, just ban people through the console. It's easier that way. You can't go wrong that way, provided you can read and understand basic syntax.