Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Public Beta For Zs_Mallofthedead (Type Of Cades You Like?)

Imbeast

Um, hopefully I'm allowed to post this here, but. (I really want a big audience compared to the small amount who read the map development forum and I want feedback as soon as possible before I finish the map up)

I've been working on a zs map for this server specifically. It's been almost an year from when I first started.

I want to give you guys a chance to test it out and look around while it's still in beta. Hopefully it turns out good enough to be added on this server's map rotation.

I also want to hear your guys opinions about things I'm doing in the map especially with the custom stuff that this server has.

Some screenshots, questions, and extra info of the map are below, If you can answer some of the questions it will be much appreciated

If for some reason you don't want to be spoiled bewarned, spoilers are below.

ZS_MALLOFTHEDEAD (Zs mall map)

Here's the download link to the map's public beta: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

To run the map just place it on your gmod's map folder

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THERE'S ANY MISSING TEXTURES OR MODELS!

Here are some questions of the map:

-Do you think there's enough props around to make a winnable cade at the cading spots? If not, which spot specifically?

-What type of cading doorway is the best enjoyable? (Not specifically what gives an advantage, but fun)

For example, this doorway I have in the map.

https://steamuserima...5B65074D808284/

-Do you find the map visually appealing?

-Would you enjoy playing this map on Hellsgamers?

Please share any extra feedback! This really helps me see what players think about my map and what I need to improve.

Some long extra info on the map:

-The Zombie spawn is in the fourth floor. Zombies can jump off it and land on the floors beneath. They will take lots of fall damage (possibly even die) if they fall all the way to the bottom. Zombies have an option to go through the provided hole in the floor to take a tiny amount of damage or jump down between floors to safely jump down. There is also another another option to choose a different route and take a vent down to the first floor into water safely.

-I really wanted to do a few creative cading spots to really make this map feel unique and enjoyable. Some spots are kind of simple but at the cost of having no spot to fall back encouraging to cade in those creative spots.

-The gamestop cading spot has a ceiling vent for bonemesh to shoot fleshballs at the cade from another room. The vent has a laser. (Until I learn a proper solution to make a small smoke particle effect) The laser basically instakills you if you don't have godmode.

To counter the bonemesh I've also added a hole that you can only see/shoot from to the other room. That way you can shoot the bonemesh firing it's fleshballs to your cade. You can also cade the exit of the vent and/or place a forcefield on it to block incoming fleshballs.

-There's a few secrets around the map and even a secret cading spot

-I've been running low on store names so I added some player names from Hellsgamers on it. (Not applied to the public beta version yet except for one) Pm me if you want yours added somewhere. Might not add it if I can't put it into a believable shop name)

-I've been slacking off getting around to finish this map up, but now I'm fully committed to complete this map. Possibly by the end of January-Febuary 2018

Screenshots Album:

https://imgur.com/a/Fbf5T

Edited by Imbeast
  • Like 1