Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Strange, Wierd, Funny & All Troubleshooting Issues

SCA DJ SpiKyBaLL

So, a while back my bro's car would start up and run for 10 seconds then die, after going over everything, eventually I found the culprit, I went to clean the mass air flow sensor in the air intake and a MOTH had made its way past the air filter and lodged itself right in front of the sensor, usually there is a screen to prevent that but this model did not have it xD, on a recent vehicle I did, you could hold a piece of paper up to the exhaust and it would try to suck it back in, a lot of people and videos will tell you that your exhaust valve or valves are sticking open, it actually turned to be fuel injectors, now the injectors weren't actually bad, it was just over time some would deliver more or less fuel then others, easy to check by ohm'n all them out and should see the same across all, I was seeing a difference of 11-22 on that model, another story was I had a lifter dig into a camshaft on a chevy 450 big block and it sent metal all through out the engine, I rebuilt the engine and it had two oil bypass checkvalves, one to bypass the oil filter and one after the oil filter to prevent drain back when you shutoff, I crimped the bypass on one so the engine received 100% filtered oil, no more metal debree causing lots of damage again, a lot of transmissions go unlooked and over time they may start acting up and what happens is you get this fine metal/torque convertor clutch material start coating everything and the trans filter cant filter it and it coats the passages in the valve body and causes solenoids to start sticking, drop pan and hit everything with cleaner that you can and add seafoams tranny stuff, real thin stuff, saved many transmissions by just doing that and I usually add more magnets to the pan, example of one tranny pan when that one started acting up is below

20170410_170035.jpg

20170410_173439.jpg

20170616_092207.jpg

20170409_111057.jpg

20170517_075134.jpg