Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

WD TV HD Media Player

fdh

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Western+Digital+-+WD+TV+HD+Media+Player+for+USB+Storage+Devices/8993217.p?id=1218008588808&skuId=8993217&st=western[/link] digital&cp=1&lp=1

8993217_sa.jpg

I will prolly get one for Christmas seeing as how even though buying two crap comps to work as front and backends on MythTV might come out cheaper, it would also include more setup time and extra costs for the TV recording. My main intention here is just external hdd movie playback.

Discuss.

Guest The_Monkey

I run some media centers I built. I built them just before Bluray and HDDVD got down to their nitty gritties. Was able to add HDDVD and Bluray combo drives on the cheap to both.

If you can spare the cash, and the headache, screw myth TV and go with a win 7 machine. Should you decide to add bluray support to it, you can. Plus, emulators on yo big ass flat screen equals awesome. Just think, you could have a Bubble Bobble party.

I run some media centers I built. I built them just before Bluray and HDDVD got down to their nitty gritties. Was able to add HDDVD and Bluray combo drives on the cheap to both.

If you can spare the cash, and the headache, screw myth TV and go with a win 7 machine. Should you decide to add bluray support to it, you can. Plus, emulators on yo big ass flat screen equals awesome. Just think, you could have a Bubble Bobble party.

Undergrad with 1.5-5.5 years left depending on career choice, student loans, gf, rent, social time, no income atm = no win 7 machine. And I'd do MythTV for the free tivo.