Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Making my 3rd CSS Video

Riddler

Im Thinking about making a 3rd movie

and i was wondering is there anyway to get any good camera angles in game.

like getting close and like a camera from the bottom when im running.

cuz i only know how to use FRAPS and i wanna know is there something different and better and free that could help me out.

• 2 weeks later...

Your going to need a couple things, first,

VirtualDub

http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/ (pick which download link is appropriate for your system)

OPTIONAL : :

A good movie config, which basically binds commands to your F1-F12 keys. and/or your keypad.

Open CS:S

type 'demoui' in console

open the demo you want

press pause IMMEDIATELY

type 'host_framerate 120' in console (If you have space, use around 240. it gets you really good fps quality later on)

NOTE: this will make it go REALLY REALLY slow, don't worry, its supposed to happen.

type 'startmovie nameofdemo' in console

press play then quickly then exit out of demoui

WHEN DONE type 'endmovie' in console.

Exit CS:S

Open Virtual Dub.

File > open video file (Find the startmovie you recorded, you'll be able to tell the difference in the pictures of the files.)

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Go to video > Frame Rate. CLICK THE SECOND CIRCLE FROM THE TOP AND CHANGE TO FRAMERATE TO 120.

Hit OK.

File > Save as AVI. (If it asks you to change the name, change it to something you will know and save it to an area you will remember where it is.

Exit Virtual Dub.

NOTE:: this will be a really big file. im trying to figure out how to compress it again.

Open your video editing software (I prefer Sony Vegas 9)

Import the avi file you just converted with VDub, and mess around with the things if you're not to familiar with the software.

MAKE SURE YOU NEVER SAVE OVER THE ORIGINAL FILE.

I havent edited in a little over a month, and im on a laptop with none of the software listed, but im doing this from memory. I'm pretty sure if you do this with patience, you will get some good clips.

EDIT:: To get the 'camera angles', im really not that familiar with smoothing, so you should try a couple tutorials on youtube for help on that.

Hope i helped!

Edited by FEBRUARY