Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

NO SPEAKER SOUND

De3ViNe

Im having trouble with my LAPTOP speakers...Ive got an ASUS G51 laptop and NO SOUND is coming out of my SPEAKERS...i tried google search/help..and other technical help...now I need fellow HG help...my sound would only work when Ive got my headphone on..but thats it...need help before i decide to take my laptop to bestbuy/ or call asus tech support...help help help!!!:sad2::sad2::sad2::cry::cry:

Im having trouble with my LAPTOP speakers...Ive got an ASUS G51 laptop and NO SOUND is coming out of my SPEAKERS...i tried google search/help..and other technical help...now I need fellow HG help...my sound would only work when Ive got my headphone on..but thats it...need help before i decide to take my laptop to bestbuy/ or call asus tech support...help help help!!!:sad2::sad2::sad2::cry::cry:

Geek Squad ftw.

what kind of headphones? 3.5 mm audio jack (ipod headphones) or a usb input?

what operating system?

depending on the exact build of your laptop, it could be a bad connector between the built in speaker output and the headphone jack output (if you are using a 3.5 mm audio jack). If this is the case, you can try plugging and unplugging your headphones multiple times at a rapid pace and your speakers might start working again :)

well most likely the best buy tards won't know how to fix this. upon further investiagtion it seems to be a BIOS problem. they'll prolly swap out your laptop if you complain enough (and it's recently purchased). The following fix should/hopefully will work as long as you are comfortable doing it:

enter the BIOS settings and turn off the sound on startup (the "boom" sound). Then turn the BIOS sound back on, but set the volume to 0. This should allow speaker sound once inside your operating system (assuming it's vista?).