Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Visual Basic

n1ckkkkk

Guest The_Monkey

VB gets a bad rap...there is nothing wrong with VB as a high level language. You can write decent windows apps with it.

Get a good understanding of it...add a little .net...and start making apps for windows mobile :)

If you want to stick with windows languages....go to C#...you will get your feet wet with object oriented programming (though you can do that with VB). Also, C# is used in lots of gaming and robotics crap.

If you want to be a pro, learn C++ and C. Then go to Java.

If you want to be a geek, learn fortran and RPG.

Guest The_Monkey
I made a 100 in my VB course back in high school, then barely made like an 89.9 in C++ my freshman year of college.

I didn't say it was going to be an easy transition :)

VB is very much like writing pseudo code, and very event driven.

C++ requires you to make classes and objects...very drastic change.

i always called VB C++ with makeup on, its very user friendly and you can make cool programs with it. for my midterm in the class we had to make a calculator (which is redicuously fucking easy) so instead i made a program that opened and closed any cd or dvd drive on the computer :-) my teacher gave me an A+ lol

Guest The_Monkey
i always called VB C++ with makeup on, its very user friendly and you can make cool programs with it. for my midterm in the class we had to make a calculator (which is redicuously fucking easy) so instead i made a program that opened and closed any cd or dvd drive on the computer :-) my teacher gave me an A+ lol

Agreed...that is a great way of explaining VB :)