Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Recomendations for Motherboards and other equipment

INCUBUS

DUH Hello yoo peepol (vietnamese accent) i am in the market for a new PC and want to know what you guys and gals would recomend, or think about the equipment i'm looking at purchasing since i'll be building it myself. I've been looking at newegg and other places and have a general idea of what i want. But the main piece of hardware i'm undecided about is a motherboard that will be more than sufficient in supporting a system to give me special pwning abilities, and allow me to create wormholes in space and time all at once...o.O...

Here are a few things so far I have my sights set on but may be subject to change:

- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 140W Quad-Core Processor

- Corsair XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

- Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 1000W Continuous Power

- BFG Tech GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 (448 x 2)-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI

(still debating that one)

- Seagate Barracuda 2TB 5900 RPM 32MB Cache Hard Drive

...so what motherboard would you guys recomend to support all of this and more since this isn't everything? I realize i'll be dropping a large sum of cash on all of this, but i've been waiting and waiting, and saving and saving for a loooong time in anticipation of the expenses...and money isn't really too much of an issue here so plz no comments on that. And I really am looking for some genuine help so plz be sincere with whatever you say in ur replies. Tank yoo foh yoo heiwp gai! (accent)

evga or xfx brand gtx 295.

2'nd.

The high-end Asus mobos are nice, well made, and reliable.

Be careful with the harddrive. Those large internal harddrives (with the exception of Samsung and Fantom) have a nasty habit of dying quickly. You might find it better to get several smaller drives and set them up in RAID 0 array (ask Monkey about this...he knows more about it than I do. I've only done it once.) Or just go with a Samsung/Fantom.

Corsair is great.

Antec Power supplies are awesome. Having t be a modular psu will be helpful in lowering clutter.

Looked into cases? Antec 902 or 1200 are nice and simple (with a lot of potential).

Edited by Slazenger

- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 140W Quad-Core Processor

Good

- Corsair XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Good

- Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 1000W Continuous Power

Overkill, you won't use more than 650 watts with this system. If you don't want modular go for this

If want modular, if not get the TX version.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012

- BFG Tech GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 (448 x 2)-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI

(still debating that one)

The 295 if you could'nt tell is getting pushed out. Go with ATI right now, all the GTX 200 series are getting pushed out for the 300 series coming out this quarter.

Dual 4890's will stomp a hole in the GTX 295 and cost 150$ less.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150438

If you hate ATI and are a moron, you can do dual 275's which will still beat the 295 for about the same price, plus you won't have any tearing issues like the 295 has. Good luck finding them in stock though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130475

- Seagate Barracuda 2TB 5900 RPM 32MB Cache Hard Drive

Garbage, slow ass hard drive good for storage and i'd be scared to use it then. Go with the WD black series 5 year 7200 RPM drives. The 1 TB version is 100 bucks.

Motherboard - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128378