Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Speakers?

Bahl

Due to my awesomely technical obsession with taking shit apart and making it function in another form, I now have two empty speakers. I read some instructables, and it stated that I should take some headphones, cut em, strip em down, and attach them to the terminals on the battery, but no sound comes out. Is it possible that I can't do it unless they're powered? If so, does anyone know how to get power to the speakers?

They actually came out of something my friend had, he ripped them out and then didn't want them. I also have old car speakers (I put new ones in myself) and those don't work either when I try the same thing. The thing is, I don't think they were powered and now I donno why they aren't working.

So when did the idea of making headphones work without having them connected come into your mind O.o

You're missing the damn point, unless you understand what I'm asking/talking about, please keep your mindless derailing bullshit to the general channel, as that is what its used for... This is the Tech Talk branch

You're missing the damn point, unless you understand what I'm asking/talking about, please keep your mindless derailing bullshit to the general channel, as that is what its used for... This is the Tech Talk branch

Geez chill guy. What he meant was he took some free speakers out of something else and is trying to make them work on his comp.

Like take car speakers and trying to wire them into your comp.

I think right?

I don't know anyways. I took my headphones apart when I pulled the wire out of one speaker and wired everything back and they didn't work either.

No, not to my comp, I'm taking old speakers (I have 2 sets, one from some boombox my friend didn't want anymore for an iPod, but I dont have an iPod, so i took it apart, and another set was from my old car speakers). What I want to do is take some headphone cords (with the 2 leads headed to the left and right headphones) and hook em up to the speakers. So I'm basically making a low end boombox from scratch. I can take some pictures if you really want, but I kinda lack the motivation. I've been told the amperage might be different and that's making it not work, but when I hook up a battery to it, it makes noise, so whats the different between a battery and an 1/8" jack?

You need a converter first of all connecting to your deck...then an amplifier.

Battery => 20A fuse => Amp

Deck => RMF Converter => Amp => Speakers

That was kind of my thought. I mean, we're talking electrical signals here and all. Kind of like hooking a 9 volt to your car and trying to start it.