Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Reporting Myself...

XaviorPenguin

1. Abuser name: -GXP- Xavior Penguin

2. Their Steam Id: Mine...STEAM_0:0:861937

3. What sever: Hide and Seek

4. About what time: Thursday, Feb 4, 2010

5. PROOF: None

6. Please tell us your side of the story. It helps us understand what happened during this time.

My story...

I just got the Admin info yesterday and I think you guys can see that. A person here on the forums and on the Hide and Seek server named motive was being annoying as he was Mic Spamming and talking nonsense. Many of the players had stated that he needs to be muted, kicked, or banned. I had at times, I think, sent him messages to stop as politely as I thought I could be and when that didn't work, I muted him. He came back and I kept muting him and that was not working. I know I had at least muted him around 3 times and possibly kicked 3 as well. He eventually got it and stopped talking in a high pitch claiming it was his cousin or little brother. The games went on smoothly afterwards.

The reason I am reporting myself is that I don't know if I was in the right or wrong. Also, I have apologized to motive here through PM stating what I did and why. I still feel bad for even doing so and figured I would report myself and let the powers that are here decide my fate.

Also, I am brand new to the fact of being an admin anywhere. I did read briefly on how to get to the Admin section of the server and such to do the above actions but that is all I know.

So for now, my fate lies with you. I have finally found a great Hide and Seek server and wanted to be an Admin on it so I figured I would go with it.

(Heck of a first post huh?)

Edited by Slazenger

He came back and I kept muting him and that was not working.

Well It states clearly in the MOTD on all HG servers that mic spamming is not tolerated, so That kid is lucky he did not get a temp ban for avoiding a mute. You did nothing wrong. If this type of thing happens and someone is re-joining to avoid a mute and still spamming, you need to temp ban them (10min-30min usually) for this type of thing.

You're absolutely fine.

Most admins would've warned once, muted, then kicked, and then banned. You were very lenient.

Here is the documentation for Sourcemod ---> http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Admin_Commands_%28SourceMod%29

You're doing fine. =]

If you have any questions, feel free to pop onto vent:

Server/IP: vent.hellsgamers.com

Port: 4198

Let us know if you need anything. Tagged Not Abuse.

this thread is adorable!

yea don't worry about it i'm glad atleast you have a good head on your shoulders! (unlike some admins on a certain server lawl)

Your adorable

Anyways you are perfectly good, as a general rule if everyone in the game is pissed at the guy for disobeying a rule feel free to mute, kick, or ban.