Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The death of my desktop (But I can still play :D)

Staisys

Okay, so if you haven't or had heard, my desktop is fried. It blacks out and "NO SIGNAL" pops up on my monitor after about 5 minutes of turning it on (don't even say it)

Help thread: http://www.hellsgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17661

I opened up the side of my computer and found more dust in it than an abandoned hotel, so I dusted it out, took out the heatsink to see if there was anything wrong, it seemed fine, I cleaned the processor (3.06 GHz FTW) and hooked the computer back up leaving the side open. No change. So I concluded that it is a hardware problem. I have a netbook that can play some games, so I have to use this in the meantime.

Games I can play:

SOME CS:S servers

GTA:SA

SA:MP

Killing Floor

CS: Condition Zero

CS

Half-Life: Opposing Force and Blue Shift

And maybe some more (I named these off the top of my head). It sucks, but I can manage, It would be like my desktop and better because my Video Card RAM is 256 MB, my desktop is only 64 MB, but my desktop has a better processor because it is 3.06 GHz, my netbook only has 1.60 GHz, but due to the design, I cant change the processor. :\ So, yeah, that's why.

Happy Pwning :cheers: :kill:

Edited by Staisys

• 2 weeks later...