Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Computer Internet connection problem

ArmedSeeker

I got a problem with my computer on a rare occasion, the internet connection goes out on my computer. From looking at the network center, its either says limited connectivity or no cable plugged in. This it he third time it has happened. I left for dinner tonight and when i got back 2-3 hrs later, i had not internet connection. I checked that the cable is plugged in securely. Based on what the problem is, i would believe its not my Ethernet cable. If i leave my computer off for the rest of the night, when i turn it on the next day, it will work just fine. Its been like a 2 months since it last happened.

last year i also had a problem where my computer looses internet connection randomly and i had to restart my computer to make it work, or i switched to linux and it had internet just fine. What was found it that the Nvidia drivers had issues with Windows 7. So i just rolled back my video drivers to the stock windows ones, and it fixed it. So now i faced with a new problem....

I noticed that my IPv4 address is 169.225.44.18, which it should be 192.168.1.100 or something

My roommate has internet just fine on his laptop (connected via wire)

I tried:

-restarting my computer with the Ethernet cable plugged in

-Disabling my network adapter and re-enabling it.

-I switched the Ethernet cable to my second adapter and did the 2 things listed previously

-tried switching to linux to see if its a windows problem again, but still didn't work.

-IP release/renew

My computer is about 1 yr and 7 months old

Computer specs

-Windows 7 pro x64

-Kubuntu on a separate partition.

-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor

-EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

-Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model PEP22G6400EL( 6 GB total)

-Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAJS 500GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive

-ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler

-MSI NX8800GTS 512M OC GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

-Sony Optiarc Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R Burner (2 total)

-CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Here is couple of screen shots, hopefully they will help.

http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz172/schmittw/?action=view&current=ipconfigpic.png

http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz172/schmittw/?action=view&current=networkpic1.png

http://s825.photobucket.com/albums/zz172/schmittw/?action=view&current=networkpic2.png

Let me know if you need anymore information

Thanks