Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New CPU halp

Prius

Alright, here's whats up.

I bought this processor on Wednesday. It came on Thursday. I bought the CPU that Terry told me to buy.

Then I installed on Thursday, and it worked.........kinda. It said that I had a Core 2 Quad installed. I even went onto vent and talked to Monkey with my new Quad Core. Then while I was talking to him and then all the sudden, my computer froze, picture and everything.

Fast Forward today!

I called Asus and Intel today. Intel said "Clear your CMOS" Asus said the same thing.

We did that, and it worked for like a while, then it froze again. But this time, after it froze, it turned off my computer completely.

Then I asked my friend and he either said its my PSU or it's a DOA (Dead On Arrival)

Processor now : Intel Pentium D 3.40 GHZ

PSU: 600 W

Mobo: Asus P5N D

Memory: 4GB's

Graphics card: GTX 260

I know its not my Mobo or graphics card because they run fine when I put my old Pentium D in.

Halp!

Thanks in advance who ever replies :)

<3 Prius

Edited by Prius

perhaps the cpu isn't being recognized by your mobo? flash your mobo(DO NOT FUCK UP ON THIS!!!!) and update it with the most recent drivers.

if not cpu is DOA

It's being recognized.

When I going into the bios, it says Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

I hate DOAs

If its working on bootup it's not DOA, doa usually will not turn on at all. What are your CPU temps in the bios once its up an running? Also what PSU are you using?

Working on my car right now, will try to check up on this

I didn't check the temp.

600 PSU

when you put the heatsync on the cpu did it seed correctly? 90% of new intel cpu/headsync have the proper amount of thermal grease already applied.. you did nto add extra did you? *too much is a very bad thing*

did you take the time while you had your case open to clean out all the dust?

when you put the heatsync on the cpu did it seed correctly? 90% of new intel cpu/headsync have the proper amount of thermal grease already applied.. you did nto add extra did you? *too much is a very bad thing*

did you take the time while you had your case open to clean out all the dust?

Yes, I cleaned out the dust.

And yes, I added thermal paste.

So thermaltake psu, k

temps?

If temps are good, my suggestion is to get another PSU from a local store, test it and see if still crashes and return if it does to eliminate the PSU being the problem.

Same Wat? 600 or higher?