Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

scrim servers hate me

Koth

I figured out what causing my problem. I've recently installed a SSD in my rig, and i'm using it as my primary disk. KAC didn't like this at all and kept kicking me due to corrupt cvar:s

SOLUTION: Enabled TRIM on my SSD with Intel SSD toolbox, all is working perfectly now.

I should've figured it out easily if it wasn't for the fact that every other server worked fine, they probably didn't use KAC on those servers.

Thanks for the pointing me in the right direction there Tckey!

If u have SSD do this ^

what brand of SSD do you have? i have an intel and i needed to DL new firmware. however, i do have another computer with an early-model SSD that does not support TRIM, and i have never had this corruption problem.

if you have RAID, you cannot use TRIM. no RAID chipset currently passes the TRIM command. i believe TRIM should be the responsibility of the drive's firmware, not the OS. unfortunately the drives were rushed to the market without any TRIM standard and this is not the case.

however, i fail to see how the lack of TRIM could cause this problem. maybe, but i doubt it.

Edited by bort

its a ocz drive and it only happends in the scrim servers every other server i play on is fine, and i was playing on the scrim servers before on the same setup less than a week ago

THE DRIVE

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EHQGT2/ref=asc_df_B001EHQGT2985425?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=googlecom09c9-20&linkCode=asn&creative=380341&creativeASIN=B001EHQGT2

ok well your drive is a nice one but it was one of the early OCZ models and it doesn't have TRIM. however, according to this thread, which is a sticky on the OCZ support forums for this drive, the new version of CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) has a feature that works very much like a manual implementation of TRIM -- it fills the empty space on the drive, then wipes it.

TRIM essentially does the same thing, except automatically, when you delete a file, and just to the space that the deleted file had been using.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?56855-CCleaner...wipe-free-space..Could-this-be-TRIM-for-gen1-SSD

...again, i'm not sure that trim is the cause of the problem though... should probly try doing what Darkplanner mentioned on pg 1 as well

Edited by bort

ok well your drive is a nice one but it was one of the early OCZ models and it doesn't have TRIM. however, according to this thread, which is a sticky on the OCZ support forums for this drive, the new version of CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) has a feature that works very much like a manual implementation of TRIM -- it fills the empty space on the drive, then wipes it.

TRIM essentially does the same thing, except automatically, when you delete a file, and just to the space that the deleted file had been using.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?56855-CCleaner...wipe-free-space..Could-this-be-TRIM-for-gen1-SSD

...again, i'm not sure that trim is the cause of the problem though... should probly try doing what Darkplanner mentioned on pg 1 as well

deleting client reg and appupdate didnt work so ill try reinstalling tomorrow

now i cant connect to any HG servers sweet

my config

cl_ragdoll_physics_enable "0"

r_lod "2"

mat_monitorgamma "1.6"

fps_max "200"

zoom_sensitivity_ratio "1.2"

mat_hdr_enabled 0

mat_forcehardwaresync 0

mat_hdr_level 0

mat_bloomscale "0" // changeable