Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

laggy video and delay in commands

SayHelloRosco

Well I'll play ANY game on my comp for about 10 minutes without issue. Then after the 10 min, the video will lagg like crazy and EVERY single mouse movement or keyboard command is DELAYED! Then, after I do back in to my main menu, everything is fine. So then I go back in to a game, and it goes back to being laggy and delayed. I have updated all of my drivers and windows. I am currently running vista 32-bit home premium.

This just started happening a few days ago, so it's not a hardware issue.

Specs (just in case):

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40 GHZ 2.40 GHz

Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT 512 mb

Windows Vista home-premium 32-bit

3 gigs of ram

Please excuse any grammar or spelling issues

1. Your avatars creep me the F$%k out.

2. Are all your drivers up to date?

3. Maybe you don't have enough cooling on your video card\CPU (This happened to me) and may need to look into a fan. I got one that worked just fine for about 7 dollars on tigerdirect.com

4. Your avatars creep me the F$%k out.

I would say temps issues if you have a g15 keyboard download evga or msi afterburner or any other tool you can watch your temps while gaming...Do your fps drop? if not a temp problem check your ram gl

Yes, my fps does drop. This never happened before. What temp is "overheating"

i would say anything past 80c would be a problem, try and set your gpu fan speed at 100% and see if that helps...BTW are you overclocking the card? If the fan speed doesn't help take the card out and clean it AIR ONLY

No, I am not overclocking. And how do I set the fan speed?

Also, I have deleted my display drivers and reinstalled. That didn't help <:(

I have set the fan to 100 %, and still got the same problem. But I found out something odd. When the video starts to lagg and the controls are delayed, the card temp goes DOWN! Also, MSI Afterburner says that the GPU usage is at 0. What does that mean?

The highest it's gotten is 115 degrees Celsius.

Edited by SayHelloRosco

I have set the fan to 100 %, and still got the same problem. But I found out something odd. When the video starts to lagg and the controls are delayed, the card temp goes DOWN! Also, MSI Afterburner says that the GPU usage is at 0. What does that mean?

The highest it's gotten is 115 degrees Celsius.

Umm thats way to hot, pull the card out and get a can of dust off blow through the heatsink and fan...If the card is clean then start thinking about a new cooler for it..