Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

VAC CONNECTION NOT SECURED

Maamorth

Wtf that means ?

I know I'm not Vac cheat banned yet...

HG de_dust DM booted me every 1 min due to VAC CONNECTION NOT SECURED.

I tried from my friend's advice.

log out steam and restart my computer and log back in Steam. ( failboat )

reinstall CSS game and log out and log back in ( failboat )

every thing got fucked up after very recent stream update....

I tried everything I could.... so WHAT THE BUCK ? lol

EDIT/ADD : even I played DOD ( day of defeat source) never had problem but CSS... what the buck ...

EDIT/UPDATE:

ahh great news. problem has been fixed

how ?

damn router ! lol some reason the port has been deleted and firewalled so I app and add the 27000 - 27015 for udp

and uhh 6202 something for puplic. so problem been fixed.

reason I have 2 routers bez I'm hearing imparired... I'm using sorenson Video Phone. (Sorenson VRS®) I have VP-200 device. use thu internet. so it requires their own router to make this work. bez it doesnt agrees with linkeys or other companies router so... that probaly why router just got update and screwed it up so it fixed.

u probaly wont understand guy saying on the link I gave u.

--------------------------------┌► sorenson router > VP-200 + my computer

comcast Modem > switch ▲ +▼

-------------------------------------└► Linkeys router to all computers

so it all good now thanks for tip and helps

Maamorth

Edited by Maamorth

These?

vac.jpg

I've been having these along with random "Client Timed Out" server kicks as well.

I've tried everything that the steam support said and no luck.

Firewall is off and my Symantec is off and I still get them.

Direct Connection into my cable modem no worky.

Re-install no worky.

After much curiosity

According to STEAM forums

Due to the new UI update servers need to update their VAC

But this isnt clear

and according to many others there currently is no fix to this

STEAM is just blaming it on others

Once again thats what STEAM gets for updating itself

These?

vac.jpg

I've been having these along with random "Client Timed Out" server kicks as well.

Re-install no worky.

YEs exactly I have that issue

I get this not connected to steam vac servers or client timed out while i am running across the map. Never had 1 problem with source until this recent update. Weird i played all day yesterday no problem then I tried playing today and every minute or 2 . I deleted client registry.blob reinstalled steam re-installed cs nothing works i dunnu steam powered said that it is a firewall or router . Not the case i run norton anti virus and it knows steam i dont have a router so???

I get this not connected to steam vac servers or client timed out while i am running across the map. Never had 1 problem with source until this recent update. Weird i played all day yesterday no problem then I tried playing today and every minute or 2 . I deleted client registry.blob reinstalled steam re-installed cs nothing works i dunnu steam powered said that it is a firewall or router . Not the case i run norton anti virus and it knows steam i dont have a router so???

This is probably completely arbitrary and unrelated, but do you have any boxes checked in internet options > connections > lan? I had to clear that section because of some problems with Sharepoint.

Point being, could be some random Windows setting.

ahh great news. problem has been fixed

how ?

damn router ! lol some reason the port has been deleted and firewalled so I app and add the 27000 - 27015 for udp

and uhh 6202 something for puplic. so problem been fixed.

reason I have 2 routers bez I'm hearing imparired... I'm using sorenson Video Phone. (Sorenson VRS®) I have VP-200 device. use thu internet. so it requires their own router to make this work. bez it doesnt agrees with linkeys or other companies router so... that probaly why router just got update and screwed it up so it fixed.

u probaly wont understand guy saying on the link I gave u.

--------------------------------┌► sorenson router > VP-200 + my computer

comcast Modem > switch ▲ +▼

-------------------------------------└► Linkeys router to all computers

so it all good now :D thanks for tip and helps :D

Maamorth

Edited by Maamorth

These?

vac.jpg

Re-install no worky.

Well that happen to me sometimes... What ive done is I waited a little bit then it work. w8 maybe 30 min.. I do that and its working. or keep trying joining the server.

EDIT: oups lol u fixed it :P

Edited by Hitman

I've noticed that my friends list on my desktop gets the "No network connection to Steam could be made..." after I get the VAC secured connection fail message. So it has to be something wrong with Steam server side and not client.

Shitty ass steam.

I'm on XP 32-bit btw.

well yes it has to have steam client and put in 27000 - 27015 for ur specfic port UDP

YAY MY NEW COMPUTER PARTS HAS ARRIVED !!!!

this one is 32 bit and I got all parts to build 64 bit (winn 7, 8gb ram, GSX 260 new case etc. ordered thu newegg.com, my bro is putting it together 4 me :D

so I can get my ass back to mapping for G mod and CSS :P

Edited by Maamorth

I did some looking around and one of the things i found is that after the steam update. you need to got into your anti-virus or firewall and delete all the steam,cs-source,tf2,anything that has to do with steam. And let your anti virus relearn it. but after you remove all of the steam stuff restart your computer and reopen it. Make sure not to do it from all program and dont use shortcuts. If you need any other info go to Welcome to Steam