Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Questions About Admin

GoCrzy

So I am considering buying admin, probably looking at the very least getting donator, however before I go for it I was wondering if I could get any info on what is bad about being an admin? I am looking at JB admin (like so many others...) and I know all the great benefits of being an admin, so I guess I am just looking for tips on any of the bad stuff since I have heard a bit about a lot of complaining and such specifically to JB admins.

Ty

If you want to use your admin 5-10X more than normally compared to other servers then I'd recommend jailbreak. I've been doing it 8 months, you get used to it, you do a lot of mutes/kicks/swaps/slays/warnings the occasional ban of a mass fker if you catch em in time.

Do yourself a favor and set up a bind key to record, push it as soon as you enter the server XD

like so:

bind F5 "record <demoname>"

stops are easy

bind F6 stop

I used F5-6 but you can use any key really.

There is not a lot of bad, admins stick together and help each other out.

Add me on steam(same name as here) if you like and we can talk more.

Edited by Never trust a hippie

being an admin on jailbreak, in my opinion, isn't all that bad. yea you occasionally get players who have an unknown hatred for admins and publicly hate on you in front of the server. all you have to do is make sure the server is fun to play for everyone and if that means striking down on the occasional douche bag than you have to do what you have to do. just make sure to read motd and learn the rules inside and out about admin and you'll be fine. hope this was of help to you!

if you be admin on jailbreak, then your going to get alot of " HE FREEKILLED ME! BAN HIM" then your spammed with ban <name here>, then there's the same with gunplanting, then ban <name here>.

What i say is " If an admin doesn't see it, we can't do anything about. ". Then they just say your not doing your job.

if you be admin on jailbreak, then your going to get alot of " HE FREEKILLED ME! BAN HIM" then your spammed with ban <name here>, then there's the same with gunplanting, then ban <name here>.

What i say is " If an admin doesn't see it, we can't do anything about. ". Then they just say your not doing your job.

Finally, though, it is the admin's decision right? Unless you are actually abusing they can't do anything other than get pissy? I can live with that I think.

Admin on JailBreak is a great place to start off.

There are many situations and scenarios in which you get to use your full admin potential and abilities, which is great if you want to continue on other servers later on. Mind you, If you do start on JB, i would advise that you step back for a day or two, and see how the more seasoned admins do it. This will get you away from trouble in the future, and will maor you much better in the long run. I advise you though, there are many times where you will be the only admin on the server, or at least the only active one, and it can get very hectic. Just stay calm, and take things step by step.

If you need help or have any questions, feel free to Steam message me or PM me on forums, im sure i can help.

I hope everything goes well for you, Thank you for thinking about donating, and i will see you on JailBreak! :)

Sounds good to me, thanks for the advice everyone :) I am pretty good at hanging back and learning how things work, plus I have been watching how the admins do things whenever I am in the server.

Tip: Do not take ANYONE's word for anything.

By this I mean that if someone says "so and so freekilled me, slay them" or "he gunplanted, teamswitch him", you cannot do anything about it unless you have viable proof and/or witnessed it yourself. There will be many, many players that claim these things when it's not true and they're just angry about being killed, so do your best to ignore direct requests to do something, but instead emphasis that you'll be watching the players claimed to have been doing wrong.

Also, you'll want to read HeLLsGamers.com - Server Admin Rules & Information for basic commands on the server rather than taking someone's word for that either. Although other admins will try their best, if on, to assist you if you have questions about what commands to use and so forth, there may be a player or two on the server that'll purposely give you the wrong command to try to claim that you "abuse". So, by learning these commands prior to that, it'll be easier for you to administrate the server properly.

Take a vice. Be it coffee, soda, cigarettes, chew, or medically prescribed marijuana....or muting your mic and screaming out swear words until you're blue in the face; a vice will help you very much.

And one more thing: Please be polite. Instead of kicking someone with "fuck off" as the reason, please put the reason in particular such as "Do not freekill." or "Please change your spray." As an administrator, you somewhat represent the HG clan and should show respect to players who choose to play on the HG server out of all the other many servers out there.

P.S. Do not bind "Slay @t" to any key, ever! That's a big no-no.