Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Sli or dedicated physic card

Dr.jiggles

I have an extra xfx geforce gts 250 512mb ddr3 and i was planning on putting it into my system which is

intel core 2 quad q9400 oc

4 gb ddr3

500gb HD

windows 7 32

ultra psu

evga geforce gtx 280 sc edition

i have enough power in my power supply and i was thinking if i could put the card with in gtx 280 it doesnt have to be in sli but like will it help my framerate/would it work. If that doesnt work could i set it up to be a dedicated physics card, and if that doesnt work what can i do with it besides the obvious.

Dedicated PhysX is good to take the load off another card which improves overclocking performance.

Straight SLI is good if you're going to O/C but nothing extreme. If you o/c too high on a card with PhysX running, you may get artifacts from time to time.

you should get another video card like you have in the computer now and youll be straight, cause what i have always been told you cant mix cards in sli or crossfire

or pick up 2X 4890 1 gig cards and you will be set at $199. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150438

or gtx 260 o/c 896 X2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125291

Edited by stanger