Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Banned for bhopping too well

Spray

1. Your in-game name: Abides

2. Server that you were banned on: HG Bunnyhop 2000fps (67.228.181.69)

3. The Banning admin: Votebanned

4. Your Steam-Id: STEAM_0:1:13398890

5. Reason for ban: I'm a very adept and practiced bhopper and was banned because I made the other players in the server feel inferior. This ban was encouraged by a member of yours, -hg- /<illzâ„¢.

I would like to be unbanned, as this was unjust and unfair. Being good is no reason to be banned from a server. Thanks for your time.

Spray/Abides

I think it seems somewhat propostrous to dumb down my level of play in order to avoid being banned, especially on a server that includes a record system for top times. Why let players have the ability to compete for the best times when the best players are banned for being good? If anything, top players should be more encouraged to be active on the server as they can draw a crowd and keep the server full, thus boosting server rankings.

I think in the case of a bhop server, maybe turning off the voteban system would be a more elegant solution than letting inexperienced players decide who is scripting and who has years of experience in a niche area of CS:S.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Abides/Spray

Edited by Spray

maybe turning off the voteban system would be a more elegant solution than letting inexperienced players decide who is scripting and who has years of experience in a niche area of CS:S.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Abides/Spray

If we turn off the voteban system what would we do if there's actually a hacker pissing the players off, they would voteban that specific person and if they want to ban that person again they would report it to the forums with proof to be decided by our staff members so no need to turn off the voteban system anyways the voteban is only about 10 - 15 min ban like Jessica said.

Edited by Sk1llz

I was banned for at least one hour before I stopped checking. As far as hacking on a bhop server goes, KAC will take care of the lua scripts which I find our the most prevalent type of bhop exploit currently in use. With the infinite health and everyone being on one team it would be hard to grief using traditional forms of hacks; the only real hacking reports from the server would be those of bhop/auto jump macros which should probably be looked at by someone who is experienced enough to spot the differences between a hacker and someone who is just very good in the first place. Again, this leads to the question: is voteban neccessary on a bhop server?

But the votebans are also good for people who come into the server and just regularly harrass people. you may be able to go into vent and ask for an admins help but what if they're all busy or you can't get ahold of them?

the votebans help clear the servers of assholes when admins aren't around to help and unless crosshair is awsome enough to figure out a way to put an "asshole" meter on all the servers then the voteban is necessary.

it is also true that we can just go to the forums and complain about the person but why wait for someone to respond on the forums for you to be able to have fun again?

it's a pain either way, really. you just have to consider both sides.

you talk about how the server would populate if they took out voteban, well no it wouldn't if it allowed all the assholes in to piss everyone off and make them ragequit

just my random two cents

If you do make an anti-script detection crosshair, make it detect -

LSS

Mouse Macros like Hyperscroll, freescroll, autoscroll

and general bhop hacks

Another server i play on has detected every single type of script that they can think of

Gonna go ahead and close this

Abides "Spray" if you are being unfairly votebanned you can join our vent or invite an admin to the game or record a demo of the people votebanning you

Sorry for the trouble